DLP Closures - 2016

Started by DisneyDad77, November 04, 2015, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyDad77

Hi, I have just booked for my family to go to DLP at the end of March/beginning of April next year, after the excitement of booking I started looking around on the DLP websites and came across the section regarding ride closures and was dismayed to see that a lot of the major areas in the park are going to be closed during our stay. 

I am extremely disappointed about this as it is my youngest daughters first visit and we cannot afford to go every year.  I realise after reading this forum and other DLP sources that they want to get everything revamped for the 25th anniversary but it seems slightly unfair to not make it extremely clear when booking that so many things will be closed.  Am I wrong to be annoyed about this?  I am sure some will say I should have done my homework before booking but you would think this would be made very clear on their site without having to dig around so people are fully informed about what they are getting for their hard earned money.  Sorry for my first post being a rant!

NCC1701Q

Hi DisneyDad,

I guess you are right in some way: if you decide "offline" to book a holiday at DLP and don't research beforehand if there are any closures, the bookingprocess does not point you to a specific page where all renovations are mentioned.
However, as you point out yourself - when you do decide to go, some basic research might be required to avoid surprises like this.

My advice? Do the booking by phone - then you can ask all these questions when booking and avoid the extreme disappointment you are now feeling.

DisneyDad77

Yes I am really kicking myself for not checking for these types of issues, it didn't even occur to me at the time that they would close large areas of the park at the same time!  I'm sure we will still have a great time as I know my daughter will enjoy all the shows and parades and she particularly loves the princesses so she will still get that experience, I guess it is just a case of lesson learned!

twentythingamabobs

Ah I do feel for you DisneyDad, I must confess it never even occurred to me that there might be closures the first time I visited, didn't cross my mind to even check! I'm sure you will have a lovely time regardless of the closures, you seem to have a great outlook about it and i think attitude can either make or break a holiday like this.

rebecca20

I am also going in March and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised about the renovations - it's not huge sections of the park. Yes there are rides closed but I purposely booked for March as its much quieter, its better theming and I find more characters are out than Summer. The railroad I honestly don't think you'll notice nor the Thunder Mesa boat.

All in all I really welcome the changes and having visited twice this year think they are going about things the best way they humanely can - yes I know it could be faster for the non-ride areas but short of closing the park altogether (which would prove impossible financially) their hands are tied.

Plus I went a year there was scaffolding on the castle - now that was a shock! < before the days of the internet.

Also - not sure how you booked but I was told over the phone about the work going on? If they didn't it might be worth ringing if you want to change your dates or cancel.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.