Under 3s eat for "free"?

Started by MrsA117, October 15, 2015, 08:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsA117

Hi! Forum newbie here :-)

I have two under three years old and I have seen lots of mentions of children under 3 eating for free. Can someone reiterate to me what that means, are the children given plates to share off the parent's plates or do they get some sort of special dinner free of charge? I presume they just are allowed to share mine?
Anyone with children under 3 I would appreciate your advice. One of mine is nearly 3 and the other 1, with a healthy appetite!!

Mileto

If you are in a table restaurant you share your plate with the child.
If you are in a buffet restaurant you may take food for the child without being charged.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

haribosmum

definitely best to choose Buffet restaurants as they can have their own plates.  otherwise it is just eating off of your own meal which wouldn't be enough for my 17mth old! 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

never2old

Yes, we took our daughter before she turned 3 to lots of buffet restaurants, sometimes I felt a bit bad because she has a really healthy appetite! Plus she was quite tall for her age so I'm sure more than one CM thought that I was lying about her age (as I'm sure many people do  ???). But they were always too polite to ask for any proof of her age...

Otherwise if you go to a table service restaurant (or fast food) you can get them their own meal (and pay for it), or they can eat off your plate.

So if your little ones have a good appetite, buffets are the way to go :)