Half board offer @ Disney Davy Crockett ranch.... Help...

Started by Warner007, October 13, 2015, 10:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warner007

::)
Help....
First timer so please be kind lol
I'm booking Davy Crockett ranch for feb, with the offer of free half board.
I understand breakfast is a hamper but what does the free half board voucher include?
Totally lost on where we can/can't use it.
Looking at bbww's so can we use there & pay extra?

Do many options I'm not sure which "half board" it is.
Really don't fancy heading back to ddcr every evening if it's hotel only.

Thanks xx

Zee79

If you have 'hotel' half board then this is your place ofbstay only.
If you have half board standard then you can use specific places in dlp- Cheyenne, Santa fe, plaza gardens etc with this voucher,
half board plus the likes of sequoia, Newport bay plus other restaurants,
Half board premium+ so higher end hotels & restaurants.

You can use the lower end vouchers as part payment in other restaurants.
Half board can be used as lunch or evening meal, most people use as the evening meal.

Check out DLP guide for a breakdown of the restaurants & choice of voucher you can can use.

Hope this helps.

Warner007

That's what I'm confused by... It's the free half board offer.
So looking at the guide which one is it?

polar vixen

It'll be the free half board standard, but if you're really unsure use the little chat with an advisor tab that should open up as you're trying to book.  If you half board you'll get breakfast which you go and collect each morning to take back to your cabin.  It'll include baguette, croissant or cereal, choc. spread, jam, butter, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fresh apple or orange juice and apple puree. 
You can use your half board vouchers for full payment at the on site buffet (pretty nice actually), plaza gardens, agrabah (if it's actually open), the restaurant des stars buffet in the studios and billy bobs in the village (our new favourite), as well as at both santa fe and Cheyenne hotels.  If you want to eat elsewhere, use the voucher at face value and pay the difference.  We always just pre-book BBWWS as part of our booking with 10% off it seems about the same price as other cheap ticket offers, and then use that days half board  voucher for our leaving day  The pause gourmande are also very handy for a drink and magnum or doughnut each day,  we found a lot more places taking these last time, and the queues weren't too bad at all

Mrsya

We always try to get the free half board offer at DC. It includes a breakfast basket collected from a little hut (which has tea, coffee, orange juice, croissants, baguettes, spreads etc in it), a lunch/dinner meal voucher for certain restaurants in the parks (but can be used as part payment towards nearly all of the restaurants) plus a teatime treat voucher (3-7pm) per day which usually consists of a muffin, cake or icecream and a hot or cold drink per person.

Mileto

Others explained the half board question. It's useful and a good offer. You'll be happy with the meal in the park.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

stifle

Quote from: Warner007 on October 13, 2015, 11:23:25 PM
That's what I'm confused by... It's the free half board offer.
So looking at the guide which one is it?

Half board standard.

Includes a breakfast box, an all you can eat buffet voucher, and a teatime treat voucher per guest per day.

The buffet voucher is valid at Plaza Gardens, Buzz's Pizza Planet, Agrabah Café, Restaurant des Stars, La Grange, Crockett's Tavern, La Cantina, and Chuck Wagon Café. It can alternatively be used to obtain €27 per adult voucher or €14 per child voucher off the cost of meals at any other Disney restaurants. A maximum of one voucher per guest per meal may be used, and change is not given if you spend less than the value of your voucher.

The teatime treat voucher is valid between 15:00 and 19:00 each day to obtain a snack such as a doughnut or ice cream plus a hot or cold non-alcoholic beverage from any counter service indoor restaurant in either park.

All vouchers are dated for the full duration of your stay so you may use multiple vouchers on one day if you so choose.

Warner007

Oh Thankyou so much that has stopped me from stressing.