Photo Pass Plus... Help?

Started by BluePoptart89, October 02, 2015, 04:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluePoptart89

Hey there guys and girls ^-^

I think this is my first post here on the magic forum, I was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what the Photo Pass does, how much it costs and what I would be getting?
Me and my partner are heading to DLP on the 4th November 2015 and are staying for 6 days so would be epic to get a few photos of us together and on rides etc.

Many thanks! :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

I've created a whole step by step guide for it.

* What exactly is Photopass+?

The Photopass+ is an opportunity to have some great photos of your visit to Disneyland Paris, with
an excellent quality taken by a professional photographer. As you may have seen before, normally
when you meet a character, the photographer takes a photo with their camera and gives you a little
card. With this card you go to any store where you can print of the photos, you can check them and if
you want you can purchase them. This is quite expensive. The Photopass+ works the same way, but
now you purchase the card beforehand, you give it to the photographer and you have the photo
directly on your account which you can download at home onto your computer.

* How much is Photopass+?
Photopass+ is €49.99. This sounds like a lot of money, but you can easily get 50+ photos on it, which
makes it a euro or less per photo. Since June 2015 there's also a special Photopass+ Annual Passeport version, which is €39.99 for Dream holders and €44.99 for Fantasy holders.

* How long is the Photopass+ valid?

You can use the card for 10 full days after purchase, this cannot be interrupted and saved for another
visit. This means that you have to purchase a new one during every visit that you want to use it. The
photos stay visible on your account for a year. When you click on the tab "my photos" you will see
your albums, and it says how many days there are left until the album expires. The AP version can be used for 365 full days after purchase. Again this can not be interrupted, and photos stay visible on your account for a year.

* How can I see my if my photos are added to my account?

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can go to any shop where you can buy photos (this
includes Meet Mickey, Princess Pavillion and any ride shop that oers on-ride photos). They can
check it for you. You can also see it on your app, but you will need internet for this. Or you can see it
on the website, which you can check in the evening on your hotel room.

STEP 1
Create an account on the following website: http://www.disneyphotopass.eu/
You can do this now, and don't need a Photopass+ for it.
There's also an app available for both Android and Apple, which you can nd by searching for
"Disney Photopass" (the app itself is called "Disneyland Paris PhotoPass").

STEP 2
Purchase a Photopass+. The best place to buy one is at Flora's Boutique, which is located right at the
top of Main Street USA on the right hand side (taken from the entrance of the park). You can also
purchase it at the souvenir shops in the Disney hotels, as well as any other shop where you can buy
photos (this includes shops at the rides that oer on-ride photos, Meet Mickey pavilion and Princess
Pavillion).

STEP 3
Synchronize the code. In the little package there are 4 cards, one is on a lanyard, and 4 loose ones (2
of them are smaller). All of them do the same, it's mostly handy if you're with a group of people and
you split up to do dierent things. Each package has a dierent personal code on the back, which
you synchronize with your account. Follow the photo steps if you don't understand exactly how to
do it. Don't panic if it doesn't work right away, it can take up to 15 minutes after purchase before the
code to work on your account. This does mean that you will need internet for a little bit, it takes less
than 5 minutes to synchronize your code. If you don't want to use too much data, you can always
purchase the Photopass+ in the shop of the Disneyland Hotel before you enter the park, and use the
free WiFi there to synchronize it.

STEP 4
Use the Photopass+. You can use it anywhere that oers professional photography. This means that
you can use the card at all the character meet 'n greets mentioned on the schedule, because there's
a photographer present. It also includes Meet Mickey and Princess Pavillion, and the Princess for a
Day opp at the Disneyland Hotel. There are also photographers present with the characters during
the Extra Magical Hours. However there are no photographers present during character dining, so
you can't use your card at Auberge de Cendrillon, Café Mickey or any of the dining options (lunch,
bruch, diner) at Inventions.

You can also use your card at the rides that oer on-ride photos. The rides that oer this are: Big
Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast, Tower of
Terror and Rock 'n Rollercoaster. You can add your on-ride photos in 2 ways: 1 – use the app. There's
a QR-code in the top right corner of the photos presented on the screens, which you can scan with
the app. This way the photo will be added directly to your account. 2 – go to the cash register. The
cashier knows exactly what to do with it. On the photos that are presented on the screens is always
a 4 digit code. Remember that code and tell it to the cashier. He or she can nd your photo with the
4 digit code and can scan it on your card. This last option is recommendable, because the QR-code
doesn't give HD photos, and at the cash register you do get HD photos.

STEP 5
Download the photos. You can download the photos onto your computer by clicking on the tab "my
photos" and then click on the album. Once you've done that, you'll see "download this album", with
that you can download the entire album onto your computer at once. If you want to download
photos from the app directly onto your phone, you click on "my photos", then click on the photo you
want to download onto your phone and then click on "add to camera roll".
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

BluePoptart89

Quote from: DLRPWonders on October 02, 2015, 04:28:01 PM
I've created a whole step by step guide for it.

* What exactly is Photopass+?

The Photopass+ is an opportunity to have some great photos of your visit to Disneyland Paris, with
an excellent quality taken by a professional photographer. As you may have seen before, normally
when you meet a character, the photographer takes a photo with their camera and gives you a little
card. With this card you go to any store where you can print of the photos, you can check them and if
you want you can purchase them. This is quite expensive. The Photopass+ works the same way, but
now you purchase the card beforehand, you give it to the photographer and you have the photo
directly on your account which you can download at home onto your computer.

* How much is Photopass+?
Photopass+ is €49.99. This sounds like a lot of money, but you can easily get 50+ photos on it, which
makes it a euro or less per photo. Since June 2015 there's also a special Photopass+ Annual Passeport version, which is €39.99 for Dream holders and €44.99 for Fantasy holders.

* How long is the Photopass+ valid?

You can use the card for 10 full days after purchase, this cannot be interrupted and saved for another
visit. This means that you have to purchase a new one during every visit that you want to use it. The
photos stay visible on your account for a year. When you click on the tab "my photos" you will see
your albums, and it says how many days there are left until the album expires. The AP version can be used for 365 full days after purchase. Again this can not be interrupted, and photos stay visible on your account for a year.

* How can I see my if my photos are added to my account?

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can go to any shop where you can buy photos (this
includes Meet Mickey, Princess Pavillion and any ride shop that oers on-ride photos). They can
check it for you. You can also see it on your app, but you will need internet for this. Or you can see it
on the website, which you can check in the evening on your hotel room.

STEP 1
Create an account on the following website: http://www.disneyphotopass.eu/
You can do this now, and don't need a Photopass+ for it.
There's also an app available for both Android and Apple, which you can nd by searching for
"Disney Photopass" (the app itself is called "Disneyland Paris PhotoPass").

STEP 2
Purchase a Photopass+. The best place to buy one is at Flora's Boutique, which is located right at the
top of Main Street USA on the right hand side (taken from the entrance of the park). You can also
purchase it at the souvenir shops in the Disney hotels, as well as any other shop where you can buy
photos (this includes shops at the rides that oer on-ride photos, Meet Mickey pavilion and Princess
Pavillion).

STEP 3
Synchronize the code. In the little package there are 4 cards, one is on a lanyard, and 4 loose ones (2
of them are smaller). All of them do the same, it's mostly handy if you're with a group of people and
you split up to do dierent things. Each package has a dierent personal code on the back, which
you synchronize with your account. Follow the photo steps if you don't understand exactly how to
do it. Don't panic if it doesn't work right away, it can take up to 15 minutes after purchase before the
code to work on your account. This does mean that you will need internet for a little bit, it takes less
than 5 minutes to synchronize your code. If you don't want to use too much data, you can always
purchase the Photopass+ in the shop of the Disneyland Hotel before you enter the park, and use the
free WiFi there to synchronize it.

STEP 4
Use the Photopass+. You can use it anywhere that oers professional photography. This means that
you can use the card at all the character meet 'n greets mentioned on the schedule, because there's
a photographer present. It also includes Meet Mickey and Princess Pavillion, and the Princess for a
Day opp at the Disneyland Hotel. There are also photographers present with the characters during
the Extra Magical Hours. However there are no photographers present during character dining, so
you can't use your card at Auberge de Cendrillon, Café Mickey or any of the dining options (lunch,
bruch, diner) at Inventions.

You can also use your card at the rides that oer on-ride photos. The rides that oer this are: Big
Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast, Tower of
Terror and Rock 'n Rollercoaster. You can add your on-ride photos in 2 ways: 1 – use the app. There's
a QR-code in the top right corner of the photos presented on the screens, which you can scan with
the app. This way the photo will be added directly to your account. 2 – go to the cash register. The
cashier knows exactly what to do with it. On the photos that are presented on the screens is always
a 4 digit code. Remember that code and tell it to the cashier. He or she can nd your photo with the
4 digit code and can scan it on your card. This last option is recommendable, because the QR-code
doesn't give HD photos, and at the cash register you do get HD photos.

STEP 5
Download the photos. You can download the photos onto your computer by clicking on the tab "my
photos" and then click on the album. Once you've done that, you'll see "download this album", with
that you can download the entire album onto your computer at once. If you want to download
photos from the app directly onto your phone, you click on "my photos", then click on the photo you
want to download onto your phone and then click on "add to camera roll".

That's fantastic! Thank you :)

Are there other opportunities for photographs or is it just with characters and on rides?

nathalie

Only characters and rides (not like WDW where there are photographers around every corner for castle shots, etc ...)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: BluePoptart89 on October 02, 2015, 04:38:38 PM
That's fantastic! Thank you :)

Are there other opportunities for photographs or is it just with characters and on rides?

I wrote a very detailed guide.
If there were any other opportunities, I would've mentioned it lol.
It's characters and on rides.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

BluePoptart89

Quote from: nathalie on October 02, 2015, 04:46:46 PM
Only characters and rides (not like WDW where there are photographers around every corner for castle shots, etc ...)

Aww, that's kind of a shame really. Thank you for replying without a sarcastic comment ^-^ lol. My partner has been to Paris and Florida so we weren't sure how it would work. I may just stick with my own camera and find some nice people that might grab a photo or two for us ^-^

Thank you! :)

whatifmaybe

I actually bought this with my friend and I can recommend it. We booked through the Dutch Disney site and a few days before our trip we got a 10 euro off coupon in the mail to use. I loved the photos we got in the end. It is very easy to use and we noticed that the photographers actually took some more pictures of us than they would if you did not have the Photopass+(though, not every photographer did this).
Very easy to buy, it is activited immediately.

I did however have some trouble with the app. On my Android Phone the refresh button did not work(my friend has an iPhone and had no problem). It was however fixed pretty easily by just logging out of the app and logging back in (took a total of just a few seconds). and the new photos would load automatically.
Photo's with characters take about an hour before they are online, ride photo's take about 5 seconds. :) Also, really easy to download and share online.

Princess Chloe

Can you transfer the photos on to a USB memory stick to print elsewhere or do have to purchase through website. We are going tomorrow and thought I'd better double check.  ;D

nathalie

It's all explained in steps on top of this page  ???

You download them from the website onto your computer.
Whatever you do with them from there on, that's up to you.

Princess Chloe

Thank you just thought I'd better check. Looks the best value for money. Only one sleep left now. ;D

Vicky7260

Sorry if this is a daft question. I'm thinking of getting a photo pass+ when I take my girls at the end of November. If you have an AP is it only valid for a short time or can I buy an annual one?

Do I buy it before we go or when we're there?

Thanks and apologise if you've already answered this.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Vicky7260 on October 04, 2015, 02:07:17 PM
Sorry if this is a daft question. I'm thinking of getting a photo pass+ when I take my girls at the end of November. If you have an AP is it only valid for a short time or can I buy an annual one?

Do I buy it before we go or when we're there?

Thanks and apologise if you've already answered this.

As I wrote... the AP version is valid for 365 days.
So even if you would purchase it on the day that your AP expires, the Photopass is still valid for 365 days.
The answer to when you purchase, is also in the VERY detailed description. Please just read it ;)

Vicky7260

Thank you DLP wonders, I did read your post, but the information isn't going in due to no sleep. That's why I apologised at the start of my post do not to offend! Thank you anyway it is appreciated.

Ohana

Thanks for the guide dlrp, it has finally clarified it for me, I found it really confusing before this. Maybe you should flag it as a top topic so people will benefit from it more?
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

cjebs

In addition to the 10 euro discount we got before we arrived via email, a couple of weeks after our trip we received an email from photopass+ offering a free ceramic mug that we could customise with the photopass photos we had taken on the rides. I had to pay a few euros for delivery to the UK for the mug but that was ok as it gave me an excuse to order a few prints as well anyway. You can also add your photos to other things like key rings and t shirts and I think canvasses if you want some longer lasting memories

We didnt get any character photos taken while we were there but ended up with at least 20 or so ride photos from the different attractions. The best part I found was you can save as many ride photos as you like allowing you to print the best ones if you go on a ride several times. As you are going for 6 days im sure you will want to ride attractions many times and it is fairly easy to "learn" the location of the cameras on board so you can get a really good launch photo on Aerosmith instead of the mangled terror squished faces most ride photos capture.

I highly recommend its use if you tend to purchase one or two ride photos anyway it soon pays for its self many times over.