Do I need to book restaurants?

Started by Vicky7260, September 28, 2015, 07:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicky7260

We go to DLP as first timers at the end of November. Are we best to book in restaurants or can we just turn up & wait? I'm reluctant to book both lunch & dinner as I don't know what we'll want but I'm happy  to book dinner for a rest before dreams & retail therapy & and a cocktail or 2 for meeee  :D.

What do you recommend?

stifle

If you absolutely must eat in a certain place at a certain time, book it.

If you want character dining, best to book it.

Anything else, no real need.

Incidentally there are at least six parties from this forum going to be around DLP at the same time as you... ;)

Vicky7260

Fantastic! Thanks for that Stifle, I'll have to keep a look out for you, I'll be easy to spot, being clueless with a stupid grin lol x

TInkus

We're visiting again at the end of November  :) we are going to book a couple of the restaurants in advance, Blue Lagoon and Chez Remy but all the others we're either book in the morning on the day at the hotel concierge or not bother. Plaza Gardens we tend to book as it can get busy, rainforest cafe in the village we never have needed to book along with Annettes Diner and planet Hollywood. When it comes to lunch we usually eat at the counter service places like Au Chalet de la Marionnette and Cafe Hyperion and there's no need to book. Character Dining is best to pre-book
2004 - Santa Fe, DLP
2005 - Cheyenne, DLP
2005 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
2006 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
2007 - Newport Bay, DLP
2009 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
2010 - WDW, FL
2013 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
Nov 2015 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
Nov 2017 ----

rebecca20

Sorry to impose on your thread again Vicky but in June we didn't book at all! It was only an issue for one day where we had to swap restaurants round. If there's something you're desperate to do then book to be on the safe side!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Vicky7260

Not imposing at all Rebecca20.

Thank you for your help sorry to ask again, but would you let me know what it's like when you go back this time, I think it will be a busy weekend the weekend were there as its a block out (I think it's called) where you can't use your AP.

Zee79

Quote from: Vicky7260 on October 02, 2015, 09:23:54 AM
Not imposing at all Rebecca20.

Thank you for your help sorry to ask again, but would you let me know what it's like when you go back this time, I think it will be a busy weekend the weekend were there as its a block out (I think it's called) where you can't use your AP.

Is your AP not a dream pass? If it is a dream pass you can use it all the time. It's a great saving by the end if your trip.

rebecca20

Of course I will - I'm not sure where were eating as we don't have a fixed plan but we're definitely going to wait til around 8pm and eat in hotels or the village.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Vicky7260

Thanks Rebecca20.

Hi Zee79, yes we have got the dream passes, I'm aware this can be used at anytime but I just assumed the block out dates ( for the other passes) was due to high traffic. Is that not right?

Zee79

More than likely, I only buy the dream pass so I can use it all the time, I'm limited for when I go to dlp.

Vicky7260

Unfortunately us too Zee79. They appear to be a fantastic buy just hope we like it as much as I expect too lol x

Zee79

Some say its not worth it because only 10% or 20% off food bills, shops etc but when you count up the discount over your trip it adds us to a decent amount, one year we save about €100 over the 4 day trip, we also got to eat in the bit more expensive places than we normally do. My girls loved using theirs especially when shopping & they saw the discount when they handed the card over plus when we had ours we get to go more often & in the better hotels using the 35% discount.