Best places to eat on a budget?

Started by jamieclayton9, September 16, 2015, 12:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamieclayton9

Hi Everybody!

So myself, partner (Soon To Be Wife this coming Saturday eeeek) and three DD's (11, 9, 6) are heading back to DLRP after a very long three years. I can't wait! This is sort of our Honey Moon and a family holiday rolled in to one :-)

When we last visited we ended up eating at McDonald's a lot, due to price being reasonable. We have a bit more spending money this time round but are still on a budget. I am in the frame of mind that I would rather eat cheaply and have more money for gifts, toys and keepsakes.

Where are the best places to eat say sub €15-€20 per person please?

Many Thanks

Jamie x

myburgeoning

Congrats!!
So 11 yrs and under can order from the children's menu.

Buzz's Pizza Planet is a buffet (pizzas, salad, drink, desserts) and is (I think) the best value in the parks. Adults are under 20 euro, and children (access to everything) are about 12 euro. We ate there a few times last visit because it was cheap, open all day etc. But they are closed on select dates.

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/buzz-lightyears-pizza-planet-restaurant/

I plan to go to Lucky Nugget next visit, after learning that they also have live entertainment at times (piano etc),
Adults are about 18-20 euro, children are half.

Earl of Sandwich is another fav, outside the park. Just fresh and good prices. We ate or shopped somewhere in the village and got a coupon on our receipt- so don't forget to check for a coupon!

Plaza Buffet/ Cafe Mickey is worth it if you can do a late lunch, early dinner (Plaza is in the park)

And while Buffalo Bills is pricey, it was worth every penny! So fun,good food.

samuelvictor

I second Earl of Sandwch - great surroundings, nice food,d ecent price.

The "set meal" at Billy Bob's is good and around 12 EUR a head, there is usually a live band or some other entertainment on as well so you can combine watching the show with your evening meal. I really like Annette's and the price point is comparitively low also.

Obviously for cheaper snacks or self catering style stuff the shop in the station is cheap, and the Auchan Supermarket in Val D'Europe (1 stop on train/bus or 20 minute walk from Disney Village) is even cheaper. There is also a Subway right next to the Val D'Europe entrance which is prioced as it should be.

If you enter Paris itself at any point, look out for "Quick" and "Flunch" - both very cheap and you get a lot for your money. :)

lovindisney87

Congratulations, I hope you have a fab wedding day.

I agree with buzz lightyear pizza planet, pasta, pizzas, salad, desserts,  fruit and (if its still the same as last trip 2014) cold drinks all included in the price. There is also a little indoor play area in there which gives you a little time to chill and eat. We try to go whenever  we are there as you can have a real good refill.We also liked the sports bar in the village.

I hope you have an amazing trip 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

twentythingamabobs

Most (if not all) of the counter service restaurants in the park will be below €15 per person for a meal and drink - I can recommend Colonel Hathis for pizza/pasta, Fuente del Oro (fajitas are lovely), Last Chance Cafe (mexican style food), Hakuna Matata (the African chicken is delicious) and The Cowboy Cookout (normally quite quiet so a nice place to sit and chill for a bit)

And I agree with the others for Earl of Sandwich, fab food.The Sports Bar is fine for a quick cheap meal as well.

stifle

Indeed, the counter service restaurants offer adult meals around the €13 mark, or less. Your budget won't cover buffets other than Pizza Planet, nor table service.

RockNRoller

Don't know if this will help, we take a slightly different approach to meals at Disney again to keep the cost down and to allow for more take home goodies  :D.
We start the day with the biggest breakfast we can manage, going for a slightly later time slot. When we leave breakfast we take a piece of fruit and a pan au chocolate in a serviette. Because we had a bigger breakfast, later than normal we find we can last until 2.30-3 which is when we have our main meal of the day. Our evening meal consists of what we kept from breakfast + a packet of crisps and a drink from the hotel shops all consumed in our room whilst watching the Disney Channel. It's surprising how much it keeps the food bill down.
I would also recommend for a cheaper meal the cheese dogs from Casey's.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

jamieclayton9

Hi again

Just wanted to say thank you for the great replies! I really appreciate it :-)

We are visiting from 22nd-26th of February and staying at the Cheyenne. Hopefully Buzz Pizza Planet will be open when we go. :-)

Also could you give me a little more information in regards to walking from Disney Village to Val De Europe please? What way do you head out from the Village please?

Thanks again x

samuelvictor

Its super easy - head out by the exit at the side of the cinema and carry straight on, following the signs. You can't really miss it, you pass a couple of roundabouts (its easy to tell which lead the right way, all the partner hotels nearby are on the same roads) and a police station, its all flat. Takes 20 minutes brisk walk.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Auchan+Val+d'Europe,+Cours+du+Danube,+Serris,+France/Gaumont+Disney+Village,+Marne-la-Vall%C3%A9e,+France/@48.8594436,2.7820743,14.25z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e61d258a7396d3:0xdfc64702a471952b!2m2!1d2.7779314!2d48.8552097!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e66d397fc8ab75:0x259a232c30bbfe99!2m2!1d2.7832177!2d48.8688201

twentythingamabobs

I can give you directions to the HiPark Serris which I believe is close to val d'europe...if you leave Disney Village via the exit which is to the right of World of Disney (if you're looking at the shop entrance) then walk in a straight line down the right hand side of the road until you come to a roundabout, turn right there then take the first left (there is a police station there) then just keep walking down the road. I'm assuming there will be signs the further down the road you go to get you actually to val d'europe.

I hope this makes sense!! Normally takes around 10 minutes to get to our apartment.

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: samuelvictor on September 17, 2015, 09:03:20 PM
Its super easy - head out by the exit at the side of the cinema and carry straight on, following the signs. You can't really miss it, you pass a couple of roundabouts (its easy to tell which lead the right way, all the partner hotels nearby are on the same roads) and a police station, its all flat. Takes 20 minutes brisk walk.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Auchan+Val+d'Europe,+Cours+du+Danube,+Serris,+France/Gaumont+Disney+Village,+Marne-la-Vall%C3%A9e,+France/@48.8594436,2.7820743,14.25z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e61d258a7396d3:0xdfc64702a471952b!2m2!1d2.7779314!2d48.8552097!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e66d397fc8ab75:0x259a232c30bbfe99!2m2!1d2.7832177!2d48.8688201

Thanks for this map. Val dEurope is on my list for my next trip in February
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

myburgeoning

Quote from: RockNRoller on September 17, 2015, 10:16:08 AM
Don't know if this will help, we take a slightly different approach to meals at Disney again to keep the cost down and to allow for more take home goodies  :D.
We start the day with the biggest breakfast we can manage, going for a slightly later time slot. When we leave breakfast we take a piece of fruit and a pan au chocolate in a serviette. Because we had a bigger breakfast, later than normal we find we can last until 2.30-3 which is when we have our main meal of the day. Our evening meal consists of what we kept from breakfast + a packet of crisps and a drink from the hotel shops all consumed in our room whilst watching the Disney Channel. It's surprising how much it keeps the food bill down.
I would also recommend for a cheaper meal the cheese dogs from Casey's.

yes, I agree. That is why we usually do buffet later in the day- it's our lunch/dinner. so that saves a lot

squiggly2902

Hippopotamus at Val D'Europe is good value 6 of us had 2 courses and a soft drink for under €100.  We always try and eat a few budget meals and usually take a suitcase filled with lots of snacks and also pack one of the super concentrated drinks favours ( come in a tiny bottle) to add to water as our kids don't like it plain. 

A&S&O

Quote from: jamieclayton9 on September 17, 2015, 07:46:40 PM

Also could you give me a little more information in regards to walking from Disney Village to Val De Europe please? What way do you head out from the Village please?

Thanks again x

You could also get the bus - not sure if its free, can anyone advise?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

squiggly2902

When we stayed at the Adagio we got the PEP50 bus from the bus station, they gave us a piece of paper to show but nobody asked to see it, everybody piled on like the shuttle bus to the Disney hotels.