Adults going on more childrens themed rides?

Started by musicaljojo, September 12, 2015, 09:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaljojo

Does anyone mind if you are an adult going on rides like Dumbo or slinky dog? I'd love to go on them but I don't want to be shouted at or told I can't go on it?

Are things like the art of animation and Stitch live also ok for adults to go in?

Sorry if they seem silly questions, it's just I've never been before and I don't want to end up being shouted or told off by a cast member because it's only suitable for children or something like that?

samuelvictor

Absolutely no problem at all, there are plenty of people there for the magic and wanting to be big kids and just enjoy experiencing everything.

Sure a couple of guests might feel uncomfortable if you were by yourself and obviously interacting with little kids that weren't your own, but keep yourself to yourself and just enjoy the experience and its fine, and indeed quite normal.

Last time we went, my kids were too old to want to go to Disney Junior, but I really wanted to watch the show again, and see if there were any changes etc since we last went and it was Playhouse Disney. I explained to a cast member that I was by myself and could I sit somewhere that I wouldn#t get in peoples' ways... I was sat right at the back of the studio (yeah it might have been weird if I had sat cross legged in the middle of a bunch of kids!) and was even allowed to film the whole show and no-one looked at me strangely in the slightest.

I think people generally accept that DLRP is for everyone, and some people want to experience literally everything that there is to offer :D Just enjoy your time and do what you want - its' your holiday afterall ;)

littlebitofpixiedust

Answered perfectly above  :)

But just to add Walt Disney wanted Disneyland to be a place where people of any age could enjoy and feel like children again. Theres not many places in the world like that now is there... Now  enjoy your trip and don't worry about other people you've paid your entrance you have as much right to go on the attractions as any other.

Have a lovely time  ;D

stifle

Indeed, the cast members won't bat an eyelid. Age is only a number.

Rolo

I love it when adults turn into kids in Disneyland!
It's part of the magic  ;)
One of the few places where you can do this  :P

nathalie

Loads of adults try and squeeze themselves into the Cars ride, it's such a fun ride, haha, so why not ?  ;)

DisneyMumOf1

Oh god I hope they dont because im planning on being a six year old for the week lol. My son loves Disney but I think in the family im the true Disney fan. Currently sitting here watching Tangled and bopping around to "Ive got a dream" as proof. Theres alot of adults that get in touch with their inner child so dont sweat it. Enjoy your holiday and enjoy not being an adult for a while  ;D

Puffin

I don't have a problem with going on kiddie rides, but I do feel awkward queing to meet and greet a character.  :-[
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Deff

I attended a Stich show once and while I enjoyed it a lot I found some of the jokes to be almost unsuitable for small children. I was then informed that the show is adjusted based on the audience. So I guess it happens more often than not that adults visit these rides ;-)

polar vixen

we loooove stitch I think we find it funier than the kids, and I see laods of adults queueing for pics with characters, so each to their own, do what you enjoy

RockNRoller

I don't think anyone would object to adults on a child themed ride. After all in his Disneyland inauguration speech I believe Walt said "Here age can rekindle fond memories of youth", that's all I'm doing when I get on Dumbo or Slinky Dog.
Oh and I'm still waiting for Stitch to pick on me despite the fact that we go at least twice a trip. Maybe this time
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"