Partner hotels help plz!

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, August 23, 2015, 11:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi so we've never ever stayed of-site but I'm aware some hotels have a complimentary shuttle bus to and from the parcs? Looking at a very last minute trip for 2 nights 2-4 September on a budget. Not looking for tickets included but preferably breakfast we need a room for 2 adults, 1 child (wheelchair user) so lifts in hotel is a must.

Any help id really appreciate Thankyou  :)

MotherKnowsBest!

We've stayed in the Dream Castle a number of times and it was great. Very clean and spacious rooms. We've just booked a last minute trip going this Wednesday and looked to stay in the Dream Castle again, but it worked out cheaper to book a late deal staying at the Sequoia Lodge through the French website as they had a late booking deal maybe worth a look??
As for the shuttle bus it's literally a couple of minutes to the parks, I don't find it any different to the travelling between the Disney hotels.
March 2009  - Sequoia Lodge
November 2009 - DreamCastle
November 2010 -DreamCastle
November 2013 - DreamCastle
November 2014 - Disneyland Hotel
August 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
November 2015 - Disneyland Hotel
November 2016 - Newport Bay
November 2017 - Newport Bay

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks for the advice  :) I think the sequioa package will be out of my price range ATM but will def look!mthablyou and have an awesome time I love the sequoia lodge  :)

twentythingamabobs

Hi pixiedust! Have you considered an apartment or do you have your heart set on a hotel? We stay at the HiPark suites at Serris and find it really convenient. They have a complimentary shuttle bus (takes around 10 mins) and have lifts. You can pay extra for breakfast or you can bring your own food and make it yourself in your apartment which is what we tend to do :)

chicks99

I'm staying in a partner hotel for the first time next week. I would love to know peoples opinions on the Dream Castle Hotel.

:)

Puffin

I stayed one night at the Radisson Blu which is located next to the Disneyland Golf terrain. It's easily reachable from the park by car. But having stayed at Sequoia Lodge and New York Hotel previously, it felt a bit weird to stay in a 'normal' hotel when visiting Disneyland. There's simply no magic to it. Next to that the rooms are bit dated (cigarette stains on the curtains for example) and the swimming pool is very small.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

glenn

I have stayed at all four partner hotels and they were all very good,the only downside is they are not Disney themed.
The breakfast was good,the rooms were clean and spacious .
All four hotels were wheelchair friendly.

A&S&O

The Adagio is an apartment hotel. They serve breakfast, but for the best value take your own breakfast with you - there is a kitchen in each apartment. There is a free bus from a couple of minutes walk away - serves most of the hotels in Serris.
The Sejours et Affairs also has apartments and for one or two nights will work out cheaper - I'm not sure how far the bus stops from this hotel.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on August 24, 2015, 11:01:39 AM
Hi pixiedust! Have you considered an apartment or do you have your heart set on a hotel? We stay at the HiPark suites at Serris and find it really convenient. They have a complimentary shuttle bus (takes around 10 mins) and have lifts. You can pay extra for breakfast or you can bring your own food and make it yourself in your apartment which is what we tend to do :)

Thanks! I actually looked at this place very good value and I wasn't aware it had a free shuttle also. So I'll definatley consider now Thankyou  :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: A&S&O on August 24, 2015, 08:45:20 PM
The Adagio is an apartment hotel. They serve breakfast, but for the best value take your own breakfast with you - there is a kitchen in each apartment. There is a free bus from a couple of minutes walk away - serves most of the hotels in Serris.
The Sejours et Affairs also has apartments and for one or two nights will work out cheaper - I'm not sure how far the bus stops from this hotel.

I'll look this one up also thanks  :) if it has microwave so can heat milk up I'll take wheatabix for my little fella that's fine!

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou all so much for your comments and suggestions I will take them on board  :)
We've never ever stayed of-site and we are extremely lucky to be such reguar visitors to DLP and have a 5 day sequioa lodge stay this year still to go and DLH next year booked.

Things at home have been difficult and just thought (as my sons school is of for first week sept staff training I didn't know!) that we could possibly afford to stay of-site for a night or 2 have a one day visit to the park and maybe some sightseeing?

Funny thing is when I mentioned my idea to a friend they said they have a relative who has an apartment in Paris (not exactly sure where as yet) shes living in Canada and its empty right now so that'd be free. But I'm not sure how far Disneyland is from there as we've never been into central Paris before so this also is something to consider....

A&S&O

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on August 24, 2015, 09:29:29 PM
Quote from: A&S&O on August 24, 2015, 08:45:20 PM

I'll look this one up also thanks  :) if it has microwave so can heat milk up I'll take wheatabix for my little fella that's fine!

The Adagio has Microwave (with grill), fridge (with small icebox), four ring hob, sink and DISHWASHER!!
The Sejours has all of the above, with the exception of a dishwasher.

We always take a toaster.

Both hotels have lifts.

The Adagio is more expensive unless your staying for more than 4 or 10 nights (price per night is lower, the longer you stay) - we usually stay 10 nights as its cheaper than a week!
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

littlebitofpixiedust

Seriously!? Hmm I must look into this and they can have a lot longer to explore Paris as all the years I've been going to DLP never have I been anywhere else in the vicinity  ::) thanks again! I'm going to check it out right away!

twentythingamabobs

Yep the Hipark has microwaves! And a toaster which is what we get the most use out of :) also has hot plates and I think there is a dishwasher too but we've never used it. Definitely recommend it, it's the only way we can afford 4 or 5 visits a year

littlebitofpixiedust

I'm not the only one who likes to visit regulary then!?  :D it's addictive I cannot wait to go back "home" 
Thanks a microwave and toaster wouldbe more than enough I wouldn't know how to use a dishwasher as don't own one! So I'll leave that well alone  :)