December 2015

Started by brooksey246, July 31, 2015, 02:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooksey246

Hi,

We've just booked (My husband and 3 yr old daughter) for 2nd of Dec for 3 nights staying at the Sequoia and paying for premium half board meal vouchers.

I've just got a few questions and apologise as they will have been asked before.

Will it be busy at that time of year? I understand its the Christmas parade but is it going to be bursting at the seams?  We are taking the pushchair even though shes good at walking I'm sure she'll get tired, is it a nightmare going into somewhere to eat and leaving pushchairs outside?

We are looking Walts one night, we arrive at 19:00 so will eat at the hotel more than likely or if one of the counter places are open just use one of them and then we leave when the park closes on the 5th so can anyone recommend places to eat.  We would rather avoid the buffets other than our first night and our daughter is a good eater but looking at some of the menus we might struggle to find her something to eat unless we can pick something else for her.

We've never been to DLP but my husband has been to America years ago and I'm worried he will compare the two.

Has anyone also got suggestions/tips for meeting Santa/parades/Characters etc

Thanks in advance

stifle

If you have premium (and not plus) meal vouchers you are throwing away money eating at counter service restaurants and to a lesser extent at Walt's. You should be thinking California Grill, Inventions, Auberge de Cendrillon, and Buffalo Bill.

Walt's is unlikely to be open for dinner at the time you're there. The parks close at 6 or 7pm on weekdays in early December.

My wife was there around that time last year and she says it was quiet.

No issues leaving buggies around, everyone does it. If you're worried about someone taking the wrong one, bring a bike lock.

Mileto

Hi, brooksey246!

There is some chance we meet in Sequoia, because we stay there from 29.11 for 4 nights.  ;D

The period is as calm as possible for the Christmas season, children still go to school. And you visit on weekdays. So - no worries at all.

Of course - take your pushchair, I hope they don't leave them outside on rainy days. Or you can hire one, but it's a paid service.

It's good to make reservation for the restaurants (these that accept a reservation) - Walt's, the restaurant at the hotel.
In Disney village there are a lot of places where you can eat - Anette's, Earl od Sandwich, McDonalds, Kind Ludwig, Rainforest Cafe.

You can have a look at the places / menus here

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/

an choose.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

brooksey246

Hi, Thanks for your replies, very helpful

On the might we arrive we are quite happy to pay for our meals and then use the vouchers while we are there for the following three days.

The only reason I was thinking of Walts was I've read you can see the parade so was thinking of being outside one day for it and then from the restaurant the next day, I don't know what to do now  :-\ I'll have a look at the other restaurants you mentioned as we are defo premium vouchers

leeirl

Is their not a premium menu at wants?

stifle

Quote from: leeirl on July 31, 2015, 03:32:05 PM
Is their not a premium menu at wants?
Not as such; premium voucher holders are invited to have whatever they like from the à la carte.

leeirl

brooksey246

Thanks, I think I've more or less decided where we'll go.

Does anyone know roughly what time the parades are in December and the fireworks? this will determine our reservation times ha ha 

Zee79

When we went aroubd the same time it's roughly 7 or 8pm so parade will be about 5pm & fireworks at closing- can anyone else verify this who has been recently? Last time we went was new year so open until roughly 10pm.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: brooksey246 on August 01, 2015, 09:00:10 PM
Thanks, I think I've more or less decided where we'll go.

Does anyone know roughly what time the parades are in December and the fireworks? this will determine our reservation times ha ha

Dreams (not fireworks but a show with some fireworks in it) will be at closing time.
Times for parades we don't know yet, since there hasn't been a press release yet.
That means we don't know if it's just the Christmas parade or also Magic On Parade and what times.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Lavi

For leaving the pushchair outside restaurants and attractions you should definitely bring a raincover.
Rain can start unexpectedly while you are inside the attractions. For some (not many) of them you may find a sheltered place to leave the buggy.

Have a nice time!