internet in the Cheyenne

Started by HildeKitten, July 02, 2015, 10:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HildeKitten

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a topic like this using the search so I'm making a new one.

I was wondering if there is wifi available in the Cheyenne, and if so where?
And whether the rooms have an access port for cable internet or not?
I vaguely recall someone telling me they did, but I'd like some actual confirmation :)
I totally wouldn't mind bringing my own cable :)

Zee79

When we went at new year I could only get WiFi in main reception. Can't help with the cable sorry.

samuelvictor

There is no wifi in the rooms, but there is decent free wifi in public areas like the main reception and the restaurant. We took a nexus 7 tablet and reception/speed in the breakfast area was very good. I don't think that there was an ethernet port for wired internet in the rooms I'm afraid (but someone may tell me I'm wrong...)

stifle

Internet at the budget end hotels (Cheyenne and Santa Fe) is limited to wifi in the reception, restaurant, and bar, so if you do choose one of those two then unless you're on 3 your options for in room internet are limited to an expensive roaming package.

HildeKitten

Thank you for your answers everyone!
Now I know I may as well not bother taking the netbook :)
Because it'd just be for quickly checking email in the evening in the room anyway, so if that's not an option it can just stay home ^^

Zee79

I've just found a Cheyenne information sheet when sorting my cases for a pn up coming holiday & it states rooms are connected to the internet (not WiFi,) but this will incur a charge.

HildeKitten

Oh that's good to know, thank you :)
I will have to investigate the charge :)
It may just be if you rent a cable after all ^^

Ryporter27

Sure when we went last September. There was a Ethernet cable in the room but there was a €80 charge for it to be used. Sure you got it back at the end of your visit

HildeKitten

YIKES! € 80!
Wow, Disney sure likes to exaggerate prices!
I just had to call DLP (because my confirmation kept on failing to arrive) and asked about it (because I was calling anyway) and they told me that I could get an access card for room internet at a charge in either the hotel store or at the lobby, but they didn't know how much it would cost, or whether or not it was an actual cost or more like a warranty that would be refunded.

I shall forego internet at DLP and leave my trusty netbook at home methinks :)

Zee79

We went at Christmas I was able to post a few pictures using my mobile when I went to breakfast. Wasn't much but it was something.