How & When did you tell the kids you were off to Disney?

Started by Lucyloo, March 20, 2015, 04:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Just wondered what other people had done.  Off on Monday with 3.5yr old son.  Kept it a surprise so far but when we do tell me I'm not really sure he'll get it?!  I don't think he'll truly understand until he sees a character in front of him.  Love to hear your stories.

Zee79

Try searching the forum, there has been some previous threads on this & they are great.

Mrsya

When we took our ch the first time my son was 3.5 and my daughter was just 10 months old. We made a countdown calendar and a paper chain countdown so that he had visual representations of the 'sleeps' getting fewer and fewer. We moonpig an 'invite' from Mickey and even have the envelope printed with 'delivered from disneyland paris'. The first time we bought a small Mickey suitcase and tied a balloon to it. Last time I printed off some wanted posters from bufallo bill and a n invite from goofy for lunch at cafe Mickey.

We also buy cheap bargain disney things to go in a bag to go through in the car and some cheap pins from eBay to swap when they're there. Our next 60 sleep countdown starts next Thursday. Cannot wait. Enjoy!

vals

When i first took mine I did a treasure at christmas with clues leading up to it. Lots of happy tears when they clicked!  Last year they took me -they made a video and put it on youtube and played it on christmas day, was fab.  and then they did it again this year! balloons in a box with a card -they had promised not to do anything crazy again lol.
hope this link works - they used all the songs that make me cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyP4kxuMgpc

MotherKnowsBest!

Wow Val's what a lovely video and what fab thoughtful daughters you have!
March 2009  - Sequoia Lodge
November 2009 - DreamCastle
November 2010 -DreamCastle
November 2013 - DreamCastle
November 2014 - Disneyland Hotel
August 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
November 2015 - Disneyland Hotel
November 2016 - Newport Bay
November 2017 - Newport Bay

Joey123

Going on the 7th April can't wait ,I had Micky ring my kids on Christmas Eve fantastic early surprise for them

vals

Quote from: MotherKnowsBest! on March 23, 2015, 09:46:19 PM
Wow Val's what a lovely video and what fab thoughtful daughters you have!

thanks,they are pretty special. They give me energy and enthusiam for life.

tinksmummy

not going til september, but we are going to tell them in the carpark when we get to Eurostar.
intending to make a bag of disney goodies up for the journey and then give them an envelope with a letter from Mickey & co inviting them to Disney and some "fake" tkts.
Girls will be 6 & 8 so they will be so excited when they realise what is happening  ;D

Zee79

We went New Year last year & my daughters received a card from Olaf saying he is expecting them on December 30th haha we took my nephew with us & he received a card from Buzz Lighthearted explaining the same thing. They loved it. We've just Booked again for next summer & I gave them a little card. It started as an apology because we couldn't book for our summer hols next year abroad due to recent events  & they were devadtated about this so booked Disney instead. Woody & Jessie told them. I've got an excited little girl now who is going to have a long wait.