Disney Traditions?

Started by RefusingToGrowUp, May 20, 2015, 06:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RefusingToGrowUp

Hiya! I was just wondering if anyone else had particular traditions whenever they went to Disneyland? For us, it's (of course) a picture with the castle, but also the sword in the anvil stone, and skipping down Main Street. More recently, it's make sure to see Dreams at least once a trip, and buying a few pins on the last day if I haven't managed to trade for it. I think it makes trips a bit more special to have certain 'traditions' each year!

Do you guys have any other things you do? I'm always looking for awesome ways to increase the magic :D

Disneyprincesswannab

Hiya-I always go straight to Harrington's and buy a tiny Arribas crystal figure; then we go on Pirates and for a cocktail in the Disneyland hotel-luvlee!

stifle

I try to always buy a silly hat!

RefusingToGrowUp

stifle - I've nearly always tried one on, never actually got one, maybe next time I should hahaha  ;D

disneyprincesswannab - Oh that's an awesome one! (reminds me I forgot about always getting a Christmas decoration, and one for the grandparents too xD)

seraphelle

New Minnie ears is the first stop, so we look the part  ;D then its usually through castle into Fantasyland (making sure to check out wait times on the sign by Plaza Gardens on the way) and we have a vote from there on whats first  ;D

I've got really Disney blues today so I'm finding myself pouring over old photos and videos to cheer myself up.  :-\
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Mileto

No way to list all we do.

But - we all say together this WELCOME at the entrance, then we go to Frontierland and Phantom Manor, than Molly Brown (if working).
We always buy a calendar for next year, it's useful, it is in front of you eyes each day. My daughter byus lollypops, candies she loves. I buy something for the kitchen (staff I am using daily).

And so on, and so on ...  :D :'( ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

girlinleeds

we always buy a christmas tree decoration. was worried they wouldnt be any when we went in feb this year so was very relieved to find one.

Komble

All your traditions are lovely!

When I've been with my mum in the past we would always start and end each trip with a ride on Phantom Manor.

This time I'll be going with my boyfriend for the first time and I can't wait to see if we create our own little traditions that (you never know!) may continue in the future if we visit with our own family one day :)

I'm soppy, I know!  ::) :-[ :-X

DLPWonders (Banned)

I have a couple of things:

* On the first arrival I always crank up "Just Like We Dreamed It" when we drive up the arrival road towards the car park.

* Every day I start and finish my day by visiting the Disneyland Hotel, before entering the park in the morning and before I go to my hotel in the evening.

* On departure day I never leave early. Always after Dreams when the park actually closes.
Then one last relax moment at the Disneyland Hotel before leaving.

* I have to be the very first guest entering the park at least once during a visit, and to be the very last guest leaving the park.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

mdw

We go straight to the studios, buy an autograph book and queue to meet Mickey and Minnie in toon studios. Best way to start our trip! I never go to the main park until day 2 emh because I love walking up a quiet main street with a clear view of the castle! Usually get emotional, take a few Castle pics and then onto dumbo :-)

samuelvictor

Quote from: DLRPWonders on June 25, 2015, 01:08:33 PM
* On the first arrival I always crank up "Just Like We Dreamed It" when we drive up the arrival road towards the car park.

THIS.

Well, ok we don't drive. But when travelling there its "Just Like We Dreamed It" and "Dancing a Catchy Rhythm". Such happy memories attached to those songs  ;D

ilovemainstxxx

this for us too but with " im on my way " from brother bear
the words are perfect and have it on a few times at certain points of the journey , especially when you hit the disney road and have this view in front of you

....oh how i wish i was right there now listening to it