Indiana Jones - Forward???

Started by experiment627, November 09, 2004, 05:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

According to dlrpmagazine, Euro Disney is finally changing Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril back to its former state: going forward.
The change is supposed to happen during Indy's rehab at the end of the month and should re-open in early December.

I for one, am going to miss the sensation of the backward-looping.

However, I'm not going to miss the pain in my back and neck after riding this rollercoaster

Anthony

I think changing it to the original direction will be much better for guest satisfaction, but I just wonder what people will call the ride in the future since most people call it "the backwards one" at the moment!

I'd love them to do a huge refurb of all of Adventureland in a couple of years and do to Indy what they're doing to SM.  They could make it a bit more like Raging Spirits looks to be - or just make a few simple changes to make it a better ride.  I'd love to have a "Year of Adventure".  And just think - then they could do over Frontierland aswell and add the long awaited water ride and have "The Year of Wild Frontiers"... *dreams about stupid ideas*

Kristof

Cool, I'd love to do Indiana Jones forwards!

fortherone

I did the backwards last summer and it was not as bad as I thought it would be...  If they really change again, I'm glad to have experienced it the "wrong way" and I'm curious what it will be like forward - must be great fun! In september as well as last week there was no waiting time, so probably they expect more visitors when they "turn it round" again. Is this the reason why so many CM have the backwards-pin on their lanyard???
Beste Grüße von Heimo

some pics, free for private use

fortherone

Most of you will know it - it's forward! And they sell the old indiana-jones pins...  :D
Beste Grüße von Heimo

some pics, free for private use

Kristof

I have to say, I really prefer Indiana Jones forwards!   For me, it's far much a greater experience.  Only the queing line got longer...  :(

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"Only the queing line got longer...  :(

Yeah! Finally!

Good sign for the attraction and probably for overall satisfication levels of the park: Indy got popular again...

Anthony

Unfortunately I never rode it when it was backwards, but I went on it on December 28th, the day we got to DLRP - in the dark, forwards!  And then again right away afterwards!  I really loved the ride, with all its ups and downs and overbanked curves it's really exciting!  I don't know how it is Backwards, but from what my cousin (who was stopping the blood in my right arm holding on to me for the whole ride) told me, it was much better forwards simply because you could see when you were about to hit part of the temple.  When you're going backwards you just aren't thrilled by this because you can't see what low walls and obstacles are coming.

It's now one of my favourite rides at DLRP, and rates much higher than I thought it would from what I've heard over the years.  It's still my least favourite coaster out of BTM, RNRC and SM, but they are pretty tough competition after all...  :D

EDIT: Another great thing about the ride is that the queue was never over 20mins for the whole of our stay - even when BTM topped 120mins and POTC had it's FULL queue in use with a wait of 45mins+ (i've seriously never seen it so busy, but we still queued for some reason... the very next day we went there at 9.30 and got straight on a boat and then went round again since the ride ops seemed to be testing some kind of Magic Unlimited-style re-ride system - it worked great!).
Oh, and Indy in the dark is amazing aswell.  Despite the lack of full themeing or any kind of effects in the ride itself, it's thrilling enough to be a damn good ride on its own.  And the view from the top of the lift hill is brilliant.  :D