The compass club rooms?

Started by musicaljojo, June 20, 2015, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaljojo

I know, no-one can really comment on these so far because they aren't open but has anyone stopped in the equivalent rooms in the other hotels, like New York or Sequioa lodge?

Are the extras worth it, we was thinking about it because it's our honeymoon so we wanted something a bit extra in the newport bay and fancier, but what are the extras like?

musicaljojo

Has anyone stopped in the GFat sequoia lodge?

What are the afternoon drinks & snacks like? Do you get a pass to show you are in those rooms so everyone doesn't go in?

Lisaa

Quote from: musicaljojo on June 22, 2015, 08:43:26 PM
Has anyone stopped in the GFat sequoia lodge?

What are the afternoon drinks & snacks like? Do you get a pass to show you are in those rooms so everyone doesn't go in?

I stayed GF a few weeks ago. When you check in you get a ticket which you have to show to the castmember in the lounge when you come in (or they'll ask about it when you order your drinks). Every time we went for a drink or a snack the same castmember was around and he recognized us so we only had to show the ticket once.

Afternoon snacks are great. Usually they have fruit, different kind of cakes (madeleines, chocolate, vanilla etc.), some candy, profiteroles and they also had a small variety of savory snacks. I didn't try those but it looked like small pieces of bread with cream cheese (or something like that, my mom said she had something that tasted like caviar) and wraps.

The best thing about the drinks is that you can take them to go! You can take them with you into the parks or drink them in your room.

Disney-Brian

I've booked a compass club room for Jan 16 for wife son and me, the extra cost wasn't that much and the benefits outweigh it. The soft drinks and tea coffee start at midday and finish at 10pm, with afternoon tea from 4-6 and yes you can get them on the go, also breakfast time you can turn up at anytime you like as you are not given a slot like the non compass club guests. The breakfast area is smaller so u will not have big crowds, which helps our son whom is autistic;) so go ahead and book it, you won't regret it
Visits to Disney
June 13 1 day visit

Stays at Disney

Santa Fee Aug 13  3 nights
Sequoia Logde GF Nov 14 3 nights

Planned Stays

Newport Bay Jan 16 5 Nights
Newport Bay Jul 16 6 Nights

Puffin

Another great thing about the Golden Forest Club in Sequioa Lodge are the hot options at breakfast. There used to be characters to meet & greet too, but that service stopped last autumn.

The afternoon snacks in the Golden Forest Club are lovely and the lounge is a great place to relax if you're in the hotel at that time. Especially in wintertime when it's cold outside. There's some magazines and newspapers available as well. Although I really love what's on offer, I wouldn't interrupt a park visit just for the Golden Forest Club. Also, if you have a strict cast member you may be denied access to the afternoon lounge on the last day of your stay which is a pity.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

solo_beckett

Golden Forest is worth it for the quieter breakfast, we passed my the main breakfast area on our first day and I was so relieved we had the upgrade,  total bunfight. The lounge in the afternoon is good to take a bit of a timeout.