Weather in October

Started by ggitts85, June 09, 2015, 06:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggitts85

Hi All

I am visiting DLP 4th to 8th October and am wondering if anybody has been around that time before & can give me an idea of weather?!

Im hoping that we will be lucky and have some nice autumn sunshine  ;)

caspdex

Been at Oct5 or 6 times, had glorious sunshine and wet and miserable. I know that's not much help but it really can go either way.

HildeKitten

I've always had glorious weather that time of year, but considering the style of European weather it's best to pack a good raincoat or umbrella and some warm clothes :)

stifle

I went the first weekend of last October and we had every possible weather other than snow.

AlmostThere...

Hi we have been for October half term both times (end of oct) and the first time was dry and a little chilly in the evening, the 2nd was glorious warm sunshine, 22 degrees on the last day!!
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

ggitts85

Thanks for the replies!

Looks like a real mixed bag then - I will just have to take a little bit of everything clothes wise!! I don't mind it being chilly however would really like it to at least be dry!

HildeKitten

I'd pack something for the rain just in case.

A good idea is to check meteo.fr in advance, they've only failed me once in the about 10 years I've been using the site (and that was when they predicted rain and it didn't rain at all 'till we left so no complaints ^^).
They'll give you a good idea about what to expect.
But pack a sweater and something against the rain just to be safe anyway.

I generally leave here wearing a light jacket, cardigan, longsleeve and tights.
And before I've properly reached Central Plaza I'll have left the jacket in the car and am stuffing the cardi and longsleeve in my backpack.
I'm still surprised I stuck to the tights all of last trip because omg it was BOILING on that first Friday of October, jeez.