Pre trip report for 13/6 till 16/6

Started by Cathryn, June 08, 2015, 01:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathryn

Never done one of these before as this is our first disneyland Paris trip!! I was lucky enough to win this trip via local radio station. We are going this Saturday 13/6 for 3 nights 4 days we only have tickets for three days we are travelling the first day and having dinner at cafe mickey for my ds birthday.
We are a family of four me my dh my ds(3) almost 4 and my dd(2). We are staying at sequoia lodge and have half board plus meal plan. Planning on taking snacks rather than eating lunch. We plan on eating at pizza planet (ds request) cafe mickey and not sure where else yet would like another Buffett as dd will have to share of our plates.
We plan to see dreams once and parade once and stars n cars once. Hoping to see lots of characters but my dd will probably cry.
Any tips for must see/dos let me know.
Thanks x

msRavenswood

Ooooh, lucky you! I hope you have the most wonderful time! Not sure where you stand budgetwise, but if you afford it don't miss Bistrot Chez Remy, the atmosphere and food are not to be missed! For more affordable meals you could go to McDonald's or Earl of Sandwich located in Disney Village.

AliceJustbelieve

Amazing you've won! You'll have a brilliant time for sure, DLP is amazing^o^

For buffet food I can reccomend Plaza Gardens, though it's the only restaurant I've been to so my opinion isn't really based on much I'm afraidxD
My one must do tip for meeting characters is use the EMH to get into the park early and go to the characters straight away. For stars n cars you better be waaaay on time, since the courtyard gets crowded very fast once the parade has started. It's the perfect chance for pictures and autographs though, the characters really take their time :)

Have fun planning!
April 2015 ~ Hotel Cheyenne <3

samuelvictor

That's fantastic, congratulations on winning, you'll have a fantastic time! :)

You mentioned taking snacks rather than eating lunch, that's a good idea, especially as you can stuff yourself at breakfast (its "all you can eat"!) then eat a big meal in the evening. Snacks in the parks are quite expensive (2 euros for a bag of crisps or a coke, around 5 euros for a cake/muffin) but there is a shop in the train station (right by the park entrances) which is cheaper, and an Auchan supermarket in Val D'Europe (20 minute walk from the village, or easy bus ride) which is very cheap.

You mentioned that your kids are 3 and 2, I highly recommend Disney Junior, Stitch Live and Animagique in the Studios Park, and the storybook land boats (Les Pays des Contes de Fées) in Disneyland Park. They'll also love Disney Dreams, as long as it isn't too late at night for them, and you have something to keep them distracted whilst you wait for it to start! I'm sure they'll enjoy riding on the Molly Brown steamship,and Disneyland Railroad, and will probably enjoy running around all the explorable areas, like the pirate caves, treehouse, Alice's labyrinth etc.

I'd say that Its a Small World, Peter Pan and Buzz Lighyear in the main park are all essential, and if your young ones are adventurous and not scared easily, Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor and Star Tours are all excellent. In the Studios Park, the Art of Animation, Studio Tram Tour, Moteurs Action and Ratouille are great. (Don't be taken in by Crush's Coaster's "kiddy" styling, its actually a very fast rollercaster...)

If they like merry-go-round style rides they'll probably also enjoy the theming of Slinky Dog, Cars Rally and Flying Carpets in the Studios Park and Dumbo, Orbitron, Carousel and Teacups in Disneyland Park.

Hope you have a brilliant time, I know you'll love it!  8)