Where to stand for parade, dreams and stars n cars

Started by Cathryn, June 08, 2015, 01:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathryn

Has anyone got any advice on where to stand for parade, dreams and stars n cars mainly last one as want to get as much character interaction as possible.

We go Saturday can't wait!!!

msRavenswood

We usually stand near the Frontierland entrance during the parade, because it's our favourite land and we go there straight after the parade is over. We've watched it from other spots as well, I haven't found too much of a difference, but if you want to have a good view it's better to go earlier so that you can reserve a spot in the front. The same goes for Dreams, the earlier you go the better spot you will find. I usually prefer to stand near the Discoveryland entrance, I don't want to be too close to the castle because I want to see the show as a whole. But that's just a personal matter of taste. As for Stars & Cars, it's more of a hit or miss kinda thing, because there are some adults who will push you just to have their picture taken with the characters. It's not an organised meet and greet and I'm not this kind of person who would push children or other people just for some pics. Last September there were some children in front of me and I wanted them to have priority over me and meet as many characters as possible. There were some adults behind us though, who pushed and shoved and yelled the characters' names like crazy. As a result, I only managed to have a pic taken with Daisy, but I didn't really mind.

Nudge234

Sorry to butt in, I also have a parade question please? Does anyone know what times the parades are on in august this year please? Thanks :)

msRavenswood

Quote from: Nudge234 on June 08, 2015, 02:05:13 PM
Sorry to butt in, I also have a parade question please? Does anyone know what times the parades are on in august this year please? Thanks :)

The schedule isn't released yet, you can find the exact time for the parade and shows a week prior to your visit. Also, bear in mind that Stars & Cars will run until July 3rd.

andrewuk

We see the parade near to IASW. The crowds are less up there and once the parade has gone you can get on other rides while everyone else is still watching the parade. For Stars 'n' Cars get next to a tree so no one can barge you out of the way from that side! For Dreams we stood in front of the green cart in front of Plaza Gardens and had a great view.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

msRavenswood

Quote from: andrewuk on June 08, 2015, 03:08:40 PM
For Dreams we stood in front of the green cart in front of Plaza Gardens and had a great view.

That's exactly where we stand too!  ;D

Cathryn

Thanks how early should I get there before it starts for all the things

msRavenswood

It depends on the crowd levels during your visit. Usually an hour earlier is enough, but there are some people getting there even earlier. We always get there 15 mins before the parade and Dreams start, but we've already seen them many times so we don't mind not standing at the front.

NCC1701Q

As for the parade: there is a short area between the Bureau Passeport Annuel and Central Plaza where there are only people on one side (the side of the BPA). If you want to maximize your chance of character interaction, that is the best bit because all the characters will "work the ropes" on that side.

For Stars 'n' Cars: "stand your ground". Indeed, people are way more "aggresive" in pushing there. And enjoy it while it lasts, as it stops from the 6th of July onwards.

For Dreams: I never had a bad view (but i'm 6'3"/191 cm :)). Be on time and try to make sure there isn't a tall person in front of you, that is good enough to enjoy it!

frostie

Any rumours about what will replace Stars and Cars?
It will be a real shame to lose another way to meet characters.

msRavenswood

It's said that all these characters and more will be roaming about both parks.

andrewuk

Quote from: msRavenswood on June 08, 2015, 03:28:15 PM
Quote from: andrewuk on June 08, 2015, 03:08:40 PM
For Dreams we stood in front of the green cart in front of Plaza Gardens and had a great view.

That's exactly where we stand too!  ;D

Great minds think alike! :)
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

DisneyRon

I rather like standing just behind the rope for the VIP section.
As that's generally not entirely full you have a fairly unobstructed view, and it's a lot cheaper. ;)

Cathryn

A&S&O

With regards to parades, we always stand near to a bend. We can see the floats for longer as it turns, approaches and goes past, rather than just see it from the side as it goes past.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?