The Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony

Started by Aladdin, November 09, 2004, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"lol, never seen it...

Then you've missed one of the finest "Disney Moments" ever...

Kris

I do agree that old "old-style" Tree Lighting Ceremony, that did appear last year for about a week or so before the "new" replacement, was very nice. The music was great and the lighting music was even better... a real Xmas feel.

However, this year's is way more spectacular and I don't mind it not being so Christmassy because of it's quality and the amount of people involved. Also Central Plaza is a much better spot and, with the castle, this year makes the new ceremony far better than any other in my opinion.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

experiment627

Quote from: "Kris"However, this year's is way more spectacular and I don't mind it not being so Christmassy because of it's quality and the amount of people involved.

Sorry, I don't buy into that argument. "More Spectacular" doesn't necessarly mean, that it's better. Granted, I haven't seen the new ceremony in person, so I won't bash it. (Not that I wouldn't respect your oppinion...)

It's just that the old ceremony was so near perfect that I think it's just a shame that they replaced it with a more or less generic Princess show, that could run at any time of the year.
My feeling is, that with the new ceremony, Disneyland Paris has lost a big element of its Christmas festivities...  :(