Tickets for Halloween evening 2015

Started by babypossum, June 05, 2015, 07:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babypossum

Hello, can anybody help? We went last year with our Dream tickets but by the time we arrived, it was too late to buy the eve I tickets for the 31st. I was told in January when I rang the DLP website number that they would go on sale over the telephone from April onwards however they've just told me you can't buy them over the phone. Is this correct and is there a way around this? We can't travel there until Halloween so can't buy on the gate beforehand.

HildeKitten

Oh this bollox again! And that is completely aimed at DLP and NOT at you!

Are you staying on site? Because if you are, you should be able to add the ticket to your booking in any case, possibly not yet, but you will be able to add it.
If not, you should also be able to buy them via the phone or the DLP website, again maybe not yet, but you will be abe to, just keep on checking the site or ringing once a week if you can, eventually they'll go for sale.

Back in 2010, I went to the Soirée Halloween with friends, and they had this utterly RIDICULOUS rule where only AP holders could book tickets via the phone if they had a booking for an on-site stay (whether this was true or whether this was the spiel the people I spoke to on the phone were fooling me with I don't know).
We were 3 in the room, 2 AP holders and 1 AP less friend. And in the end I was allowed to buy 4 AP discount tickets (for 2 friends also going but not staying on site, they claimed they were doing me a favor) and went to FNAC here in Belgium and bought another ticket for the Soirée. As FNAC sold event tickets for it.

So if you have a FNAC in your country, or a place that generally sells DLP tickets, it's worth to go there and inform.
Please bare in mind that if you have your tickets added to your booking, or if you buy them via DLP, you will be able to collect your event bracelet pretty much all day long. But if you have a ticket like from FNAC, they'll tell you to come back at a certain time, which means: queues from hell just to get the bracelet.
We only managed to avoid those because I had a disability pass and they didn't want to break up our group just for the one person to come collect the bracelet later, so they gave my friend hers along with ours.

That's why I opened with my bollox remark.

Frankly there's a lot of ridiculousness and redundant bureaucracy surrounding this event XD

So yeah, either keep checking DLP, or check places that sell DLP tickets. Keep on it though, because it tends to sell out so it's not a good idea to wait 'till last minute. That said, I have bought tickets as late as in August, so I wouldn't stress just yet :)

nathalie

I've ordered via phone 3 years in a row already, and will do a 4th time very soon, so I think you just got someone answering you who once again doesn't know anything about what's going on.

Such a shame ... such a company, and everyone who works there gives different info on every single subject *sigh*.

Disneyprincesswannab

I booked ours back in January when I booked our holiday through Thomson; they just added them on over the phone to Paris.

babypossum

Thanks for your replies. Hopefully I was just unlucky with who I spoke to then. Will keep trying and keeping my fingers crossed!

DLRP Roundup!

Normally they begin selling them to non-package holidays in July - always a delay :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

HildeKitten

Just so you know, in the other topic about the 31st of October that was opened today, someone mentioned they bought their tickets for the Soirée on the phone today, so it's worth calling again about them I reckon.