Christmas 2015

Started by cakes85, June 01, 2015, 03:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cakes85

Hello Everyone!!

I am due to go to DLP on 6th December with DD1 + 2 and DH. We are staying at the HNY. Any tips for the Christmas period are welcome. I am wondering if Buffalo Bill is a good idea? another poster said it is really good!! I am so excited!
what is HNY like? Auberge de cenrillon is top of our list of places to dine with the girls. If we go here is there any point going to the princess pavilion? during the magic hours, which characters are going about?  Thanks :D x

Mileto

Hi, cakes85!

We also think of going to Buffallo Bill, when visiting at the beginning of December.

If you do the Auberge, I think there will be no special need to wait at Princess Pavillion.

You are welcome to join out new Christmas thread

https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=18921.0

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

justlikeidreamedit

If it's anything like last Xmas season. Anna and Elsa were the only princesses in the Pavilion. So if you have Frozen fans, it's a must as they won't be in Auberge. However, you may need to get in the park during EMH, and be prepared to queue, for a time slot ticket for the Pavilion as it could be on this system and they'll run out any later in the day. You can pick your time slot for the visit to be later in the day, but the initial queue to get the ticket will be long.

BBWWS is good, not my cup of tea but husband and children loved it. When in there you choose a colour banded hat for the team for you to support. There are 2 colours that give better seating positions. Can't remember what the 2nd colour was, but we went for green which was the other.

Stayed New York at this time a few times and it is lovely. In fact we are on the verge of booking it again today for the week before you. The Christmas Tree is beautiful and you are only a stone's throw away from Disney Village. Don't know if you are aware but you can pay extra to have a Christmas themed room with a tree, decorations and presents in it. We did it for DLH last year and the retail value of the goodies was more than what I paid for the extras. Doing it again at New York this time.

Hope this all  helps.

Bylerdisney

About how much is it to have them decorate for a Christmas themed room?  We are staying in a family room at dlh in late November.  We have three kids (5,4,2) and I'm curious what type of things might be left for them?
Thanks!

justlikeidreamedit

We stayed at DLH last year and had the Xmas theming. There was a large Xmas dressed Mickey and Minnie (one for each of my 2 children, I presume) which had prices of about 45 Euros each, a box of Xmas tree decs - 20 Euros, a tin of biscuits - 16 Euros, runners on the ends of the beds, Christmas tree and lights in the room and stickers on the door and bathroom mirror.

http://www.magicbreaks.co.uk/disney-extras/disney-celebrations/disneys-enchanted-christmas/christmas-themed-rooms/

The above shows photos if the link works. Prices are £136 for DLH and £103 for HNY this year. Have now booked New York so will be interested to see the difference in goodies.