which would you do??

Started by girlinleeds, May 28, 2015, 09:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlinleeds

we've booked to go back to disneyland in june 2016 and just waiting for flights to go on sale so i can book them. we normally get a 9am ish flight from manchester, so we stay in manchester airport the night before so we dont have to get up really early. I had a thought though and dh thinks its slightly mad, i thought about getting a flight to france the day before and staying at a hotel at the airport in france so we can just get up the next day and go straight to the park. which would mean we could be in the parks at opening time rather than after lunch.

Mileto

If I understood you well - sleeping in France will let you  have half more day in the parks.
And you will be at A hotel anyway. So - why not?
And if the prices for tickets and hotel are the same or less - better.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

MattR

I am not from the UK but usually travel to DLP by plane.

In general I prefer flying to Paris the day before and spend half a day doing something else. I also tried a red eye and then arive around the park opening time which is also okay but we usually want to spend at least one day somewhere else in or around Paris.

You can do quiet a lot with half a day (shopping in Val D'Europe, going downtown (more shopping), visiting the tower, some of the Louvre...).

stifle

And you need not necessarily stay in an airport hotel either; there are Ibis styles/Ibis budget hotels in convenient locations for under €60 a night!

SwipatronSparks

this is common place for our trips to disney, purely becasue our flights have mostly beein afternoon/evening flights meaning we were loosing our first day in the parks so we would fly out to CDG jump on the TGV train get to disneyland and then stay in one of the hotels near by (most times its been the explorers which you can book through their own website) then we would get up the next morning go for brekky, jump on the bus to the parks, go to our hotel and go about with the normal arrival routine =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

QueenLisa

Sounds like a plan - Definately stay someplace in Paris night before and have full days then at DLP.

justlikeidreamedit

Hi

Was looking at doing something similar myself in December. Check out Kyriad Hotel at Disneyland on Booking.com as their price was a fraction of the Disney website. That means you are nearly on site and not far to travel next morning on a free shuttle bus. It was actually cheaper than the difference in flights for us through Air France.

girlinleeds

have convinced dh its a good idea as long as its not more expensive  ::)  have already priced flights for the month before as a rough guide and flying on a sunday instead of a monday morning saves between £200-£350 plus the £70 it costs to stay at manchester airport so im sure we'll do it my way. Never thought of staying in the partner hotels could even go to the village the evening of our arrival  ;D