Questions regarding indirect eurostar & Easter

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, May 27, 2015, 08:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hey guys!

Not long back from an amazing trip and planning next year! We went feb half term also this year and was going to do again, but my mums having trouble booking of with work so are considering Easter.
Question is how busy? Unbearable/do-able?

If Easter is very hectic in comparison to feb half term we can still go but sat-wed and as far as I'm aware Eurostar don't run direct to DLP tues/Saturdays? My son is a wheelchair user aslong as its not extremely lengthy and there's lifts at Lille we can consider this.

Any help appreciated  :)

twentythingamabobs

Hi Pixiedust :)

Easter is great! Weather has always been lovely every time we've been, yes it is busy but not unbearably so definitely nowhere near as bad as Summer.

Would it be school holiday time you would be going? As i'm sure Eurostar do a direct train everyday in school hols. Yep just checked the Disneyholidays website "Direct trains leave for Disneyland Paris once a day excluding Tuesdays and Saturdays, and from mid-December (2014), Thursdays. However, during school holidays direct trains run every day of the week"

If not, there are definitely lifts at Lille, it is not too much hassle changing. Just enough time to enjoy a pain au chocolat :) First time we went, we forgot about the time difference and thought we were going to be waiting over an hour. Good job we realised before the train left without us haha!

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou so much for your informative reply  :) when you've done an indirect service do you remember roughly your arrival time to Disney?
I'm feeling a little more optimistic and the warmer weather would be nice!

twentythingamabobs

I'm assuming you're travelling from the UK?? If i remember correctly (it was about 5 years ago  :o) We got the 11ish train from St Pancras and got to Disney for 3ish. Think there is less than half an hour to wait at Lille

DisneyDuckLover

The wait in Lille is more like an hour nowadays because sometimes ther is a switch from  Lille Europe to  Lille Flandres.

Just play about on the Eurostar website and you'll see all the times :)
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!

littlebitofpixiedust