the disney app

Started by dementedde, May 17, 2015, 10:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dementedde

I've got the Disney app and I'm comparing the queue times through the days so I can organise my couple of days there next week. However, my partner has just pointed out that France is an hour ahead of us. It was 9.30am and on the app the Disneyland one says for some of the rides that they are not open until 10, so that indicates that the app is time-based for this country. But on the Disney Studios one it stated around that time that most of the rides have queue times of 50 mins and above, but the theme park don't have magic hours for today!

So can someone please tell me what's going on?

irishbhoy1888

Sometimes they might open that park early like last year when i was there it opened at half 9 .
My advice is to ignore that app for this park and if you want to beat the queues get there early  (about9) and wait until the park opens.
When it does,  run like hell to crushes coaster entrance.
Crushes coaster will have a queue time of over an hour 5 minutes after the Park opens So do that first
Another tip would be for one of you to queue at crushes coaster and another to take all the park passes  and head straight to ratatouille ,tower of terror , or rockin roller coaster and fasspass one of these attractions.
Remember that you can only fastpast one attraction at a time and crushes coaster does not have a fastpass option.
Enjoy.

dementedde

Surely they should announce on their website if the park opens half hour earlier? Yeah I've got an idea of what rides are the most popular there. I think getting a fast pass for the ratatouille ride is the smartest move first. I don't think I could push past everyone to get to my partner in the queue. I absolutely hate it when people do it to me. What is the fast passes like for ratatouille? Like do they run out really quickly?

norhel

Quote from: dementedde on May 17, 2015, 01:12:57 PM
Surely they should announce on their website if the park opens half hour earlier?

Not necessarily. It might be that they're decide it the same morning, depending on expected amount of people that day, how many are waiting by the gates, and if they're finished with the opening procedures, etc. 
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dementedde

I just rang them up about the timed today and they said they opened earlier for magic hours. But it doesn't say that on the website. So this park has been known to open early for all members of the public, not just for those staying at the Disney hotels? Is this the same for Disneyland theme park as well.. or will that always open early for the magic hours?

stifle

The official opening time of both parks is 10:00. The gates may open up to half an hour earlier if there are a lot of people waiting, but the attractions (except as noted below) don't normally take people on until 10:00.

Extra Magic Hours entitle anyone staying in the on-site hotels or Davy Crockett Ranch, as well as holders of Fantasy or Dream annual passports, to enter Disneyland Park from 08:00. Only certain attractions and lands are open – at the moment it is parts of Fantasyland and Discoveryland. Hotel EasyPass (the pink card you get on check-in) or annual passport must be shown.

The above is the standard and may vary from time to time or day to day with or without announcement. My advice to you would be to enjoy the magic rather than worrying about ten minutes here or there :)