photopass

Started by annesafc, April 01, 2015, 05:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annesafc

11 sleeps till our first DLP trip as a family of 4...very excited.just wondered if anyone could help with info on disney photopass..can we purchase before we go as I read somewhere it is cheaper and people have had codes etc. not sure wether we will benefit but dont want to pay full price if I can get it cheaper before we go.

Thanks in advance

also anyone just returned give advice on weather..hope its warmer than home could do without the strong wind/rain.
xxx

beachbaby

Hi, we just got home it was similar weather to here we had wind rain and cold,Monday was best at about 12 degrees.
Regarding the photo pass plus I got an email 3 days before we went wth a €10 discount so cost us €39.99. It was well worth it got over 50 photos. Enjoy xx 

annesafc

Ok great.thank you. Where did you get all your photos taken if you dont mind me asking?

HildeKitten

meteo.fr is pretty reliable when it comes to the weather in France :)
In all the years I've been using it (nearly 10) it's only been wrong once.
Also, if you flip back a few pages in this section of the forum, you will find two really comprehensive posts about photopass :)

beachbaby

Emh meeting the characters and on the rides, lots of duplicate ride ones but got a choice to pick the best. 3 photos in the park would have been same price. Some fab ones of us all with mickey goofy Pluto and Donald xx

ewormas

Hi

If you booked with Disneyland Paris give them a call and you can add it for £33, they give you a voucher to go in to a shop and pick it up. We used it for the first time this trip and I decided I'd use it as much as possible. We were there 6 days and got 115 photos plus two pics of random people lol! We used it during the EMH most days Minnie, Goofy,Pluto,and chip and dale were out, one day Mickey  and Minnie were together,and on another Donald was in place of Pluto.

We also had official pics with Rapunzel,thumper and miss bunny (twice). The best reason for using the photo pass I think is that you get all the photos the photographers take.  We had loads of pics on BTM, POTC and buzz lightyear too. We didn't do the princess pavilion,spiderman,rock n rollercoaster or buzz light year character in WDS.

If you go on Buzz a few times in a row during the EMH write down the number of your pics and get them put on at same time. The English cast member said during busy times the memory of the pics lasts about an hour and half so don't leave it till later in day.  Though it def saves time if you go round again a lot like us!  We did the same on BTM during the last 30 mins before the park closed.

I know lots of people have had problems with it but we had no problems at all.  I guessed we had around 100 pics so as we have 115 we couldn't have had any issues.  One of the photographers did say that if you go in to Flora's unique boutique you can check that your images have gone on the pass there if you are stressing.

Hope you have a great holiday :-)

annesafc

Thanks for all the advice...cant wait to see my daughters faces.x

Lucyloo

Just back from our trip and we purchased the photopass over the phone before we went for £33.

I admit I was sceptical we'd get our money's worth as our little boy wasn't going to see the princesses.
However we can back with 50 great, good quality photos.  I can't remember exactly but I think individual photos to buy were at least €15 so worth every penny.

Couple of tips:
Create your online account before you go & when you get your card you just need to enter your code.  I also set this up on my mums tablet, using my account details so everything that went onto the card, my parents were able to see back home.
As soon as it's your turn with the characters, give your card straight to the photographer for scanning or you might miss some good photos.  I gave mine to the photographer after he'd taken 2 pics with Mickey but we missed out on those (he told me off in a nice way!)

annesafc

just rang and added it on for £33 ;D ;D ;D
i have also downloaded app on my phone, so am I right in thinking il get a code off my pass when we arrive in resort to attatch to my app?? then when we have any photos taken on pass they will be automatically on my app?
thanks for all the help.xxxx

Lucyloo

Yes thats right. Just type in the code and it will become active. We stayed at sequoia and got a voucher for the pass when we arrived. We were able to exchange this in the hotel shop for the passso all was in place before we even got to the parks.

annesafc

thanks again lucyloo ;D

Sulley's Arms

Hi

Can anyone tell me if your photopass voucher has a time limit on it, or do you just keep using it on different trips??

Thanks
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on April 04, 2015, 03:37:50 PM
Hi

Can anyone tell me if your photopass voucher has a time limit on it, or do you just keep using it on different trips??

Thanks

The discount voucher of just the Photopass+  itself?
The discount voucher expires July 15th 2015.
The Photopass+ itself can only be used for 10 days in a row, from the moment of purchase.
If you go on a different trip a while after, you need to purchase a new one.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

sarahmumof4

Those of you that have added the photopass on before you went , did you book through disney ?

I've booked through Thomas Cook and they've said it can only be added once there .

On the other post it appears it's only people that booked through disney or Thompsons that can add phootpass before hand .
I'm hoping somebody that has booked elsewhere has managed to add photo-pass
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄