Surprise Trip

Started by KevCollins, March 19, 2015, 12:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevCollins

Hi All,

I have booked a surprise trip for my two young daughters to DLP. My wife doesn't even know, as I am trying to keep them all in the dark until the day we go. Will be harder than I originally thought. Does anybody have any tips or ideas of how to let the surprise out? I have a few ideas but think they may be a little lightweight

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Kev
Sept 2013 sequoia lodge
Aug 2014 sequoia lodge
6th August 2015 HNY
30th Dec 17 - 02nd Jan 18 ???

NICKYMOUSE

I surprised my 4 year old daughter at Christmas with her disneyland paris reveal. I did a treasure hunt with clues, each clue led to a small box which had a piece to a jigsaw that I had had made. At the end of the hunt she got to unwrap the pieces and put the jigsaw together. The jigsaw was a pic of DLP and said 31 sleeps on it. She loved it!! 😄
Cheyenne - March 2014
Santa Fe - January 2015
Sequoia Lodge - November 2015

NICKYMOUSE

Here is a pic of the jigsaw ☺️

[attachment deleted by admin]
Cheyenne - March 2014
Santa Fe - January 2015
Sequoia Lodge - November 2015

Caz

Hmm!....tricky keeping your wife in the dark, are you intending to do all the packing etc? How are you travelling? Could you make out you're going somewhere else (that necessitates packing, passports etc)?

The downside of keeping it a surprise till the last minute is that you don't have that period of anticipation and excitement. Our first trip was following on from a holiday in France so a couple of days before we were due to leave we had a special dinner and made the announcement - I produced a brochure and guide book for them to look at which were devoured over the next few days and lots of time was spent planning and re-planning, they almost had as much fun doing that as going!

Another time we surprised our boys once by picking them up early from school and driving straight to the tunnel. We were going to a Shareholder event that started at 8:30pm and arrived at the gate just as it opened - the boys were thrilled as you can imagine but they never fell in until they saw the Mickey signs on the A4.

I'm sure you'll get lots of other ideas suggested and how about try searching the word surprise on this forum - might throw something up  ;)
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

Caz

A card from Mickey and friends in the post inviting you all over  :D
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

Queen Elsa

We are going in December! Or daughter was so excited last year that we decided to keep it a surprise this year! We are going with our friends so not sure how easy it's going to be but we have decided not to tell our children until we are at the ferry port!!!! 😁

KevCollins

Cheers guys

Some great ideas here, the jigsaw looks like a great idea. I have tried this once before (surprising the family) but couldnt keep it in. I ended up telling them about six weeks before we went.

This time I am not letting it slip. I will have to pack and creating an idea of going somewhere else is a good idea,thanks Caz

Thanks guys,really appreciate it

Sept 2013 sequoia lodge
Aug 2014 sequoia lodge
6th August 2015 HNY
30th Dec 17 - 02nd Jan 18 ???

Sulley's Arms

We're going next week  :) We only told the boys last Sunday  :-X (we booked it last September!).  Once before we went on the way back from our summer hols, and I had not told anyone where our 'overnight stopover' hotel was! 

The most bizarre thing about it was that the boys didn't look up from their books/tablets/ etc. for more than an hour as we drove towards & through Paris, so managed to miss all the Mickey signs on the approach to the off-site hotel (not to mention the Eiffel Tower)!!! Once we checked in they were all ready to crash for the next few hours in the room, but I said, come on then, bring your camera  ::)  I couldn't believe how genuinely shocked they were when they DID see the Mickey signs when we drove along the A4, and later as we dined in the Blue Lagoon they thanked me for the best surprise ever!  Good times!!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

disneymagic006

we have an easter egg hunt planned for easter sunday, disney themed clues will lead to a banner announcement that we're going to disneyland paris along with kids bags full of disney treats for the journey,  we travel the next day on Easter Monday. It's all prepared and nephew has just asked for an egg hunt this year which is perfect timing. Only problem is that us adults, me, my husband, my parents, sisters, brother in law are all desperate to chat about plans for when we are there. There's already been a couple of slip ups but luckily have gone over the kids heads so far! It's very hard keeping this secret when it's so exciting, particularly when it gets close. We've done alright for the last six months!
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!