Disney Dreams Question

Started by soojah, March 03, 2015, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soojah

This may be a silly question, but I'm a first timer to DLP. I am trying to figure out a restaurant booking time so we can see Dreams straight afterwards. On the website it says that Dreams is on at "park closing time" and lasts for 20 minutes. If the park is due to close at 9.30pm, does the show start at 9.10pm so it's finished by park closing, or actually at 9.30pm?

Also do you need to get there early for a good view?

If we were to book a table at Inventions beforehand, given that we have a 22 month old who may be restless/cranky/tired, what time should we book the table for to give us time to get to Dreams afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Discovery_Mountain

It starts at park closing so if it was closing at 9.30pm then it starts at 9.30pm

Ive never bothered with getting there early to get a good view but some people do. (Also I don't have kids to look after)  It might be worth it though if you coming from Inventions as there will most probably be a lot of people to work your way through.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

stormflm595

If the park closes at 9:30pm for you, then Dreams will start at 9:30pm and will finish just before 10pm. Depending on where you want to stand, if you want to have a spot right at the front, sitting down (i always use this spot as it is th best, particularly if you have small children as everybody sits so everyone has a fantastic view) then people start sitting down an hour or so before the show is due to start. We usually got there about an hour and 15 before show start. Sure, you miss an hour of ride time so if you're not as bothered for the view then come a little later, but if view is a priority it is totally worth it. the time passes by reasonably fast and its a good way to people watch and see the castle come to life at night.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

stormflm595

ps i don't have kids myself, but i'm very short (5"1') and so sitting at the front is best for my stature ;) i cannot tell you how annoying it is having someone a lot taller than you standing in front of you and not letting you pass through to stand in front of them even though the top of my head wouldn't even come to their chin!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

soojah

Thank you - that's a great help. I think if we book Inventions for 7pm this will give us enough time. The youngest might even go to sleep in the buggy on the way over to the park. The older two are 7 and 5 & are very excited about getting to stay up late! They can always sit on our shoulders if we don't get there in time to get a good view!

grovesie

I usually arrive about an hour before the show. It depends on the time of year you go. If it's in school holidays then the crowds will be more this will also be the same for weekends. If you have a smart phone/tablet this will keep the little n occupied whilst you wait.

If you can try to be at the front, there are parts of the projections low down that you will not see from further away. The wait is more than worth it

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: soojah on March 03, 2015, 05:59:34 PM
Thank you - that's a great help. I think if we book Inventions for 7pm this will give us enough time. The youngest might even go to sleep in the buggy on the way over to the park. The older two are 7 and 5 & are very excited about getting to stay up late! They can always sit on our shoulders if we don't get there in time to get a good view!

I would do 6.15/6.30PM, after the parade.
Because it'll take you probably about 2 hours in the restaurant.
Which means if you do 7PM, you'll only have 30 minutes before Dreams start at best.
Since you also have to get back to the park and through Main Street, which will already be pretty crowded by then.
And if you want to see it properly, that's not enough time. Especially not if it's your first time watching.

I am also really short, 5", and I have a mum in a wheelchair with me.
So we always stand right upfront, against the rope, but we start taking our place 2 hours before it starts.
Now ofcourse you don't have to do this, but as a firsttimer being I definitely recommend getting there at least an hour before it starts so that you have the best view possible.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

stormflm595

I agree with all other posters. Even if it's just for the one night, sacrifice the hour or hour and a half you'd use on rides or souvenir shopping and get a place right up front. It will be worth it, I promise you.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

soojah

Thank you, we'll eat a bit earlier and try to get a spot with a good view. If all else fails we can put the kids on our shoulders!

vals

We never bother to get set up early. though i know some bits are clearer at the front, you can still see most of it from other angles. we always go on the empty rides then come out just as it starts. Maybe its worth waiting once, but after that I personally prefer the empty rides. One thing-don't try and watch from main street-so many kids on shoulders thats its impossible.

Susiesuedisney

Is dreams on every night? We are first timers going in July

Thanks x

NCC1701Q

Yes it is - every night at closing time.