first timers looking for advice

Started by Siobhan82, March 02, 2015, 11:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siobhan82

hi we are booked to go to hotel Cheyanne in april for 4 night half board.  we have never been before and was just looking for any advice or tips.  we are talking a 5 year old and a 8 year old with special needs.

thanks

msRavenswood

Is there anything in particular you would like to know?

Welcome to the forum by the way!  :D

Siobhan82

Just looking for any tips or advice mainly on the park but any tips would be appreciated

Thanks

msRavenswood

My top tips would be to have a big breakfast in the morning and then head to the park as early as possible to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. If you have your mind set on certain restaurants it'd be better if you made reservations before you arrive and you can always alter your bookings when you're there. I'm assuming since you have the free half board you were also given the Pause Gourmande vouchers. These are a great way to keep you from getting hungry until dinner time. Oh, and also take advantage of the Fastpass service as often as possible.

irishbhoy1888

Download disneyland paris official from google play or istore.
It will give you good info on disability passes , restaurants , wait times etc  ...
go into cityhall just on the left after you enter magic kingdom ,, they will answer anything you need to know and you can book your restaurant for that day or the next there ..
always a good move so your not disappointed if you cant eat at a place you would like to ..
hope this helps

polar vixen

Get your kids easy access cards from city hall, this will give you eitherinstant or timed entrane to rides via the exit so that you don't have to stand in queues and are valid for you whole party, as long as a disabled person is riding.  They can also be used at some character meet and greets, and will make your stay much much easier

Siobhan82

How do I get the easy access cards, what type of proof do I need????

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: Siobhan82 on March 05, 2015, 08:00:10 AM
How do I get the easy access cards, what type of proof do I need????

City hall will give you all the information you need ! Its just after you enter magic kingdom on the left .. ask anyone working in a shop or whatever if you cant find it , they will point you in the right direction .
I dont think you will will need any documentation but dont quote me on this , maybe someone else here will know the answer to that .

Queen Elsa

I may be wrong but I think that you just need a Doctors certificate to prove the disability to get an easy pass x

twentythingamabobs

You will need an official Doctor's letter detailing the child's condition explaining why it would be difficult for them to queue  :) It's all we've ever taken and it's been fine every time.

Siobhan82

TappyFish

Quote from: Siobhan82 on March 07, 2015, 09:28:05 PM
Does the hotel supply towels?

They do though they aren't always the best towels in the world.

stecal

The towels in the cheyenne are quite small

Karen

There are 2 types of access card, the priority pass and easy access pass.  When we took my dad last year he had to use a wheelchair because of a bad knee injury.  His doctor gave him a letter stating he was unable to stand or walk unaided, we stupidly forgot to ask the doctor to date the letter though because it has to be issued within 3 months of your trip. 

The girl at the Disney help desk said we would have been given the priority pass if the letter had been dated and that means that all of us could have gone on the rides together. We were given the easy access pass which meant Dad and I could go on without queuing but my husband and daughter had to wait in the normal queue and rise separately.

If you search for Disneyland resort paris disability pass online though there is a brochure with all the info.. xx

Siobhan82