Disney disappointment

Started by rocker, February 26, 2015, 02:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker

I had to cancel a trip staying at Hotel Cheyenne a earlier this month as my daughter & I were both ill  & couldn't go :(

I re-booked at a cost of an additional £300.  At the time of the original booking, the offer was for half board, but when I re-booked we only got B&B.  I sent a message via the web site asking whether they could change my booking back to half board given that was what it was originally &  also because that is the deal they are offering again now. I was told I had to call in.  I called in & was give a flat no to this request  :( :(

Does anyone have an actual email address for Disney that I could re-submit this request in the hope that someone more sympathetic to my predicament might read it & use their discretion to change my booking back to half board?

Anyone been in a similar situation & had a successful outcome?

thanks,
R

DLPWonders (Banned)

I don't mean to sound rude, but what did you expect?
You can't help getting ill, and I understand your disappointment.

But it's not DLP's fault that you got ill.
You booked a certain offer, which was a temporarily offer.
If, for what reason, you can't make it, that's just tough luck.

That's the same as buying a pair of jeans at a store, and a week later they have a sale and that pair of jeans is 50% off.
You're not going back to the store and expect them to give you half of the money back just because you bought it at a wrong moment.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

caspdex

Once you cancel , that's it. You should have asked to change before cancelling first booking.

HildeKitten

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience.
I can understand that from DLP's point of view, they can't just sort everything out at the same price, as they are still a company that needs to make a profit, but some understanding towards people's situations wouldn't go amiss in my opinion. Even if they can't give you the same deal, they could do something to soften the blow (like offer a better room at no cost, if it's low season it's not like the hotel will be full, vip breakfast or something nice for your daughter).
In my personal experience, call center people can either be amazing and helpful or a special kind of fail.

It really depends on who you are talking to. Generally when I have someone on the phone that's being negative I just politely thank them, hang up and call back a little later. I did that with my previous booking (the lady on the phone wouldn't even look up the basic room price and only kept giving me the more expensive Rio Grande options!) and I haven't regretted it for a moment (because the gentleman that did our booking was nothing but kind and helpful).

So yeah, if you call back, explain it again to someone friendlier, you may get stuff changed around still. No guarantees though, but it's worth a go. Good luck!

msRavenswood

Try dlp.guest.communication@disney.com , I sent them an email last year about our reservation and they were really helpful.

Or you could give them another call as HildeKitten suggested, perhaps you're luckier this time around.

I totally understand your frustration and disappointment, but there are certain cancellation rules they have to follow. If you check the documents they were sent to you after your reservation they clearly state what happens in the event of a cancellation.

daddyof2

If you have travel insurance, you might be able to recover some of your costs

rocker

Thanks guys,

I will try the email address from msRavenswood ...if no luck, then I'll try my luck calling back as HildeKitten suggests & see if the next person I speak might see things my way.

I'll report back as to how I get on...

buzzkaye

when we stayed at disneyland hotel in dec ,we was not forewarned that characters were no longer in the hotel ,after 3 days i decided to ask at reception , they offered us a free fast pass, i said no ,she then offered us an all day fast pass again, we said no ,she asked how they could help us ,i said a character dinner i inventions, they booked it we went ,
when i got home ,we filled in a how much fun at  disneyland paris survey, we  explained how upset the children and i were   but that we had a lunch ,a lady called and asked if we were going again ,i said yes we going half term feb they gave us a free breakfast at cafe mickey ,i cdnt fault the customer services ,

sewpollyesther

You might be able to upgrade to the new deal, e.g. if you add an extra night, or upgrade your room type? Might work out cheaper over all than adding the meal package separately?

If not is it worth cancelling and rebooking? You could ask them to waive the cancellation fee since you have presumably already paid it once?

Good luck hope you get it sorted.

nathalie

It's been on every forum and FB page that characters where no longer at the DHL as of a certain date in November, long before it was November.
I don't understand why people join forums or FB groups after their trip.

If you can go online after it, you can also go online before it, and browse through some stuff on the forums.
If every person now would go to check-in and say "I didn't knew there were no characters anymore give me something in return".

Where would that lead to?

polar vixen

And some people go on holiday,  think it was brilliant,  decide to go again,  and join a forum to share their feelings and get excited for their next Hill. Not everyone has the inclination or the time to do research before they go. I remember the tagine to magic forum being the friendliest Disney community. Alot of the posts lately areanything but friendly,  just many seeming to point out how ridiculous they think other people are,  and those comments don't achieve anything good,  opinions are different,  and that's fine but it's not nice when theyre put across in a way which demeans others guests views

A&S&O

Quote from: buzzkaye on February 28, 2015, 08:26:17 PM
when we stayed at disneyland hotel in dec ,we was not forewarned that characters were no longer in the hotel ,after 3 days i decided to ask at reception , they offered us a free fast pass, i said no ,she then offered us an all day fast pass again, we said no ,she asked how they could help us ,i said a character dinner i inventions, they booked it we went ,
when i got home ,i decided to write to disneyland paris , and explain how upset the children and i were  ,a lady called and asked if we were going again ,i said yes we going half term feb they gave us a free breakfast at cafe mickey ,i cdnt fault the customer services ,
So you complained about something that wasn't their fault and they more than compensated you.
You then complained again, and was compensated again?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

daddyof2

Quote from: polar vixen on March 01, 2015, 12:18:06 PM
And some people go on holiday,  think it was brilliant,  decide to go again,  and join a forum to share their feelings and get excited for their next Hill. Not everyone has the inclination or the time to do research before they go. I remember the tagine to magic forum being the friendliest Disney community. Alot of the posts lately areanything but friendly,  just many seeming to point out how ridiculous they think other people are,  and those comments don't achieve anything good,  opinions are different,  and that's fine but it's not nice when theyre put across in a way which demeans others guests views

Well put

sarahmumof4

I didn't know about the forums until after our first trip .

We got the bug and wanted to go back . I was told by a friend about this page and then joined and was given lots of tips for our second trip .

First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

buzzkaye

i did not go on forums before our trip at xmas ,have been going for years ,
some one told us about the forum while we were there xmas time..

xmas we did not know no characters  in the Disneyland hotel ,
when we came home they asked us to do a survey about our time there ,we put in about the lunch they gave us as the hotel  said loads of people were not aware,
in the email we stated the truth ,that as a foster carer taking the children away 2 rooms etc came to nearly  £4500.be cause we thought it would be good for the kids to know they could see mickey etc at the hotel ,having autistic children ,this would have been better than waiting in lines.
they rang and offered us the breakfast at cafe mickey . when we went in feb ,

i dont have to justify myself to anyone ,we go 3 times a year ,and love it there,
now knowing what we know ,i would stay cheaper hotel ,and go more often /stay longer.
we had a fab time in feb and look forward to our next 2 planned trips ,including xmas time again.