Pre-trip report 23 - 27 March, Sequoia Lodge

Started by stormflm595, February 24, 2015, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

Hi all!

I've realized I never finished my trip report from September as I was super busy with university. Oops! This time will be different :D

This time around, I am going with my friend from home. She has been to DLP once but it was when she was 18 (she's 26 tomorrow) so she doesn't remember a lot, so I'm excited to help her bring it all back! There are no special occasions again, we just randomly decided to book when I got my first student loan through and it left me very poor haha.

We leave on the 23rd March and are flying from Birmingham airport. Our flight is scheduled for 9:25am so we are going to get there early to have breakfast at Frankie and Benny's in the terminal mmm. Last time, I used the trains to get to and from the airports and on our way to BA, a train broke down on our route and delayed us, hence a panic! This time my friend, Aimee is driving us there and is going to park her car at the airport. It only cost us £24 (12 each) so we saved money anyway!

As we are hoping to jump on the VEA shuttle asap, we should get to the parks around midday. We're going to use this day to relax a little, and take a stroll around the Village, check out the hotel and do a few rides in Studios and Disney, depending on how long we have. One thing I'm most excited for is the upgrade hotel...I've either stayed at Santa Fe or offsite, but this time I'm staying at the Sequoia Lodge! ;D I am SO SO excited it's unreal!!! We were going to upgrade to a Montana lake view room but we decided not to as we'd be paying extra for not much tbh since we'll only be sleeping and showering there really. I'm just super excited to stay in a bigger room and not have to walk as far to the parks in the mornings and evenings :p

Our first full day will take us to the Disneyland park for the day. Again we'll play this by ear, doing the majority of FL and DL (except Space Mountain which will be closed for our visit =( ) rides during EMH and then branching out whe the rest of the park opens...Big Thunder Mountain!!!!! =D Another thing I am majorly excited for...I FINALLY GET TO MEET RAPUNZEL!!!!!!!! Tangled is my all time favourite Disney movie, and Rapunzel my all time favourite princess!!! Guaranteed that I will cry! I am so psyched that she is doing meet and greets again for the Spring celebrations! Also Merida will be there at selected times which will be awesome!!

Very excited to see the park at Spring too, I've only ever been during the summer season. I'm looking forward to the Spring parades and specials and ofc Magic! On parade and Dreams again!!! <3

Wednesday, we'll probably do Studios. Definitely Ratatouille (I was so impressed in september), crushes coaster, tower of terror and rock and roller coaster. I'd also like to do stitch live and cinemagique but we'll see. We'll go back to Disneyland in the afternoon/evening to do a couple of rides and then to wait for Dreams again. After the park closes we have a reservation at 9:15pm for Inventions...super excited to try this out, I love character meals!

Thursday is our last full day booooo, we'll do our favourites, probably park hopping a little. I always do my souvenir shopping on a Thursday after all of the rides are done after keeping an eye out the last few days to see what I'd like to buy. After that we'll watch Dreams one last time and then make our way back to the hotel to pack our cases.

Friday we don't get to go back to the parks as our flight is at midday and we have to get the VEA at around 9am.

All in all it's going to be such a magical trip!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

learning-the-ropes

Fab trip report, I really enjoyed reading it. I hope you have a fantastic time. It all sounds amazing.

justlikewedreamedit-xo

I can't believe how quick this trip has come around  ;D

I really hope that your friend enjoys being back, how magical :') Sequoia Lodge is a possibility for my next trip, so I can't wait to hear what you think about it! I really hope you get to meet Rapunzel; when we went in December the queue for her was stupidly busy so we never got round to it :(

I am very jealous that you will be there during Spring! The decorations look lovely so far; I am going to Paris this weekend and it is KILLING me that I can't pop in to DLP to see how pretty Main Street USA looks, haha :'( I am also very excited to see what you and your friend think of Inventions! :')

Have a lovely time, can't wait to read your trip report on your return! :')

stormflm595

Thank you both!

The SL looks lovely, I'm sure we will enjoy our stay there immensely!

As for the queue for Rapunzel I am actually prepared to wait a long time haha I can't miss this opportunity in actually meeting her since the last 2 years have been really close and I was devastated when fate screwed me over haha I'm even taking an autograph book to get her autograph hehe that's the one thing I love about Disneyland! I'm 26 but I feel like a child again when I go and I love how age doesn't matter when you're there!

Also very excited for Inventions!! I'm hoping we'll get at least one face character in there...Alice would be awesome and I heard she's quite a regular in it :D
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

daddyof2

My wife and daughter queued for an hour to meet Rapunzel last June

[attachment deleted by admin]

vampira

I hope you'll have a great trip and you'll get to meet Rapunzel  ;D
I'm going 8-10 March, and I'm looking forward to spring season too. So far I've been mostly in the summer too (and once around Christmas and last year during the Halloween season).
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"