When is the park at it's busiest?

Started by upinthesky, February 17, 2015, 12:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upinthesky

Hi all,

Just got back from my latest trip on 8th Feb :) Looking now at planning a family trip either May or September.

The park was really busy this time which surprised me a bit for the time of year. I have actually seen it less busy in August! Is it counter-intuitive, i.e. do more people go in February because they think it will be quieter and therefore it is actually busier? Can anyone give me an idea when the busiest times are and perhaps give me an indication of how much difference British and French school holidays make?

Thanks
9-13 April 2013
1-5 August 2013
16-18 March 2014
10-12 July 2014
7-10 August 2014
5-8 February 2015
14-17 September 2015
23-24 May 2016
8-9 October 2016
5-6 January 2017
2-3 March 2017
29-31 March 2017
26-28 May 2017
22-25 September 2017
8-11 March 2018
21-24 September 2018
19-23 September 2019
19-21 October 2019

amanda08

Hi. I know quite a few people who were there last week that said it was very quiet so a very different experience to you lol.  Where you only there on the weekend?  Weekends during the whole year will be busy, there is not really an off season for weekends. If you can avoid french/english/spanish half terms and bank holidays, then I think May and September will be much of a muchness.

Mrsya

October half term/Halloween was craaaaazy busy!  :(

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Mrsya on February 18, 2015, 01:16:15 AM
October half term/Halloween was craaaaazy busy!  :(

That, together with the last two weeks of December, is the busiest time of the year.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Sugaroo_

I have been creeping on my Disneyland Paris phone app checking out the wait times. We're going in less than 2 weeks, and I wanted to check how slow or busy it was. Indeed the wait times in both parks did seem very long even during the week days, and I always thought February was slow and was hoping the same for March. I looked it up and apparently French children were off school for their "winter holiday" in February for 15 days. So maybe that's why. Here's a link for French school holidays for everybody's reference: http://about-france.com/school-holidays.htm
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

girlinleeds

saturday and sunday was busy this week, and even monday was abit mad wedneday seemed calmer but then there was really heavy fog so dont know if that put people off. there did seem to be lots of english people in the parks and we heard horror stories of waits trying to get from charles de gaulle to disney saturday lunch time onwards. i think scottish/welsh schools were of the week before

sarahmumof4

I've been twice in feb 1/2 term and once end of March and took my kids out of school .

All three trips its been heaving and queues have been about an hour long if not longer each time !
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Esti

The more countries have holidays at the same time, the busier it is. During February, there's the Carnival. Also, the French have winter holidays. Some regions were on holiday from 1st to 15th, some regions are on holiday from 14th to the 1st of March.

Christmas is crazy, Halloween is quite busy too. January was reaaaaally calm, though. Also, September wasn't half bad, specially late September. Early October was nice too.