Cafe mickey

Started by Cathryn, February 06, 2015, 02:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathryn

Sorry this has probably been asked before but where is cafe mickey situated? Are the characters there at dinner or is it just lunch and dinner?
We are thinking of going the day we get there but won't get there till after lunch we have half board plus so going to use our vouchers. My mum and sister don't have meal plan but I'm right in thinking we can pay for them separately aren't i?
Is there an updated menu anywhere?
Thanks in advance and sorry if this covered elsewhere.

Esti

Café Mickey is at Disney Village, right in front of the lake. It's the number 5 in this map:

I think there are always characters, but I haven't been yet so I can't say for sure. And yes, you can pay them separately.
Also, I think it'd be wise to make a reservation a the day before, or even a couple of days before. We tried to make a reservation for the next day on January and they were fully booked for the whole next 2 days.

This menu isn't updated, but I think it's pretty similar to what they have now:
http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/cafe-mickey/

Cathryn

Thank you I was going to ring a month in advance just to be on safe side. This is all new to is as first time going so thank you for the advice

justlikeidreamedit

Something rings a bell to me that characters not there all afternoon. Reservations helpline will be able to advise times.

daddyof2

We booked in for 12 noon one of our days back in June, and had the set menu as shown on the DLPguide site. The food was yummy, and there were lots of characters

aquacat2

Last week when I went, I saw characters there late at night, had lunch there with characters and know they advertise the character breakfast, based on that I would say when Café Mickey is open there are characters there.
I would recommend it, good food and some of the character interaction was great.
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

AlmostThere...

Hi since I booked (accommodation and tickets) through a travel agent last time we went I just asked the travel agent to book for us.  If you ring reservations I think they can only do it quite soon before the date you want, whereas my agent did it a week or so in advance, which was lucky as we only had the one choice of day/time by then.

But it was a character breakfast and well worth it, it's a well stocked buffet set up and my kids faces when they saw all the characters was amazing!
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

sewpollyesther

We are planning to go for breakfast but my husband is nervous, he's still scarred from being terrified of Chip and Dale t breakfast at WDW when he was about 3... lol... so I'm thinking we won't do it the first morning, we'll give the kids a bit of time to get used to the characters around the park first. hehehe... anyone had a bad experience with kids being frightened?

AlmostThere...

My kids are usually very apprehensive, for example we saw characters around the parks and they wouldn't go up to them, but for some reason at the breakfast they loved it!
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

Fluffymilly

My little Grandson was just 2 when we went in Nov and he was rather nervous in Cafe Mickey as the characters popped up all over the place and once Eeyore crept up behind him and tapped him on the head! he spent most of the meal trying to look behind him incase it happened again. A few days later we did Inventions and sat him on a seat with his back against the wall so he had a panoramic view of the room and was happy plotting the movement of characters around the tables. Although he wasn't too keen to have photos with the characters, he was happy to wave and hand over his autograph book to be signed!