Newport bay club- few questions!

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, February 03, 2015, 10:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hello, I just have a couple of questions on NBC we havnt stayed since 2005 I think it was!
I've heard it has been recently refurbished :) and I just had a look on YouTube and rooms look lovely. So would really love to plan our October visit here. We always stay on-site and have tried them all but it's been such a long time were definatley considering NBC for a change.

Ok, first of I picked up a Disneyland paris brochure yesterday and it states "refurbishment until autum 2015" "the boutique will be closed until further notice" now I don't mind if works still being done we won't be using pool/bar. But would like a refurbished room preferably and am hoping the shop will be open?
Has anyone stayed here recently or know how works are going ect? We've booked our travel 7-11 October 2015 but have yet to book hotel.

Secondly when we stayed here many years ago we had a ground floor room with doors that opend into the gardens if my memory is correct! We often stay at HNY because of this also. I'm wondering if they still have rooms with doors that open up to the outside? No it's an odd question, but it really makes a difference my son can get quite chlostrophobic he has special needs and a door from our room leading outside really helps if he has a meltdown and needs some air.

Thanks all!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Honestly, I would pick a different hotel until the refurbishment is completely done.
They are running behind schedule bigtime with the refurb. I don't think the shop will be open when you're going.
There are some refurbed rooms that they're renting out now, but definately not all of them.
You only have a slight chance of a refurbed room.
They only did one part of the hotel when they started on the refurb, and they were supposed to do another part when the first once is finished.
However even the first part is running behind, so the refurb probably won't be finished until the 25th anniversary in 2017.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

abismummy

Oh no! We have booked NPB too! Was assured that all standard rooms are refurbished. I thought all restaurants pool and shop was open though. We go in August. x

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: DLRPWonders on February 03, 2015, 12:08:08 PM
Honestly, I would pick a different hotel until the refurbishment is completely done.
They are running behind schedule bigtime with the refurb. I don't think the shop will be open when you're going.
There are some refurbed rooms that they're renting out now, but definately not all of them.
You only have a slight chance of a refurbed room.
They only did one part of the hotel when they started on the refurb, and they were supposed to do another part when the first once is finished.
However even the first part is running behind, so the refurb probably won't be finished until the 25th anniversary in 2017.
[/quote

Thanks for advice so its choice between sequoia and hny then 😊

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: abismummy on February 03, 2015, 03:04:32 PM
Oh no! We have booked NPB too! Was assured that all standard rooms are refurbished. I thought all restaurants pool and shop was open though. We go in August. x
[/quote

That's a shame but if any doubt ring dlp and ask if pool/shop open on your dates

sarahh83

i have booked NPB for 23-27 dec i was told all rooms will be refurbed way before then, the refurn work that is after that is the conference centre areas
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

littlebitofpixiedust

Hopefully they are  :)
Their current brochure days no shop at NBC but I don't know how long for

Disney Matt

Anybody know how the refurb is coming along?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

BlackPearl

Just read this article on www.disneylandparis-news.com
http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/the-disneyland-paris-hotels-4-ship-ahoy-disneys-newport-bay-club-is-treated-to-a-complete-renovation/ (hope that works)
Sounds quite good so far. But there still will be some work going on for a long time.

Disney Matt

Thanks BlackPearl...great article...its looking great  ;D
From the sounds of it, it should be almost complete when i go on the 1st Feb!!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

onceuponadream

The CM I spoke to earlier said that the shop wasn't reopening at all...
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

Disney Matt

Quote from: onceuponadream on April 11, 2015, 06:59:10 PM
The CM I spoke to earlier said that the shop wasn't reopening at all...

How bizarre! A Disney hotel with no shop :(

onceuponadream

She was very quick to add that there were shops everywhere else, but I agree! Wasn't quite the reply I expected when I asked when it was reopening...
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

Disney Matt

Hmm not at all. Might plump for the HNY then as its just as cheap that time of year.

TappyFish

Quote from: Mathierson24 on April 11, 2015, 07:40:37 PM
Hmm not at all. Might plump for the HNY then as its just as cheap that time of year.

That's what we did for November this year. Cost us around £70 more but we're 100% more satisfied.