Tell me about... Photopass + - a bit confused...

Started by Mrsya, January 27, 2015, 02:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

I'm a bit confused as someone has offered me a voucher for €20 off a pass/card. What do I get for my €29.99 then? Just the convenience of having all pictures on a card? Do I get any print outs?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

msRavenswood

You can load all your onride photos as well as the ones taken during certain character meet & greets. They are stored online for a year and you can download them to your computer, share them to social media sites and also order various products like calendars, mugs, photo albums from the photopass site and have them delivered at your home. The first two are free, the photopass products come at various prices.

Mrsya

Thanks for that. Is there a price list anywhere? You'd think for regular price of €49.99 that you'd get all the digital files... First two photos free? Any idea how much other prints would be?

msRavenswood

Sorry, I meant to write the first two services (downloading & sharing) are free. You can download all your photos for free. Here's the price list: http://www.disneyphotopass.eu/en/price-list

Mrsya

Ah, thanks for that. That's all that we'd want tbh. So just to check, I'd pay €29.99 and have photographs taken on some rides and hand my card in and then when I get home I can download them all to print myself?

polar vixen

Yup, considering that most of the ride photos are about 12 euros each, it's a fantastic saving, especially for big thunder mountain, buzz lightyear etc, you can also use your photopass at character meet and greets where they have an official photographer (the photographer would still take pics on your camera if you asked, but given what the lighting is like, theirs are usually much better, and you can print off as many copies as you want at home, the car is validfor a year!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Mrsya on January 27, 2015, 07:59:24 PM
Ah, thanks for that. That's all that we'd want tbh. So just to check, I'd pay €29.99 and have photographs taken on some rides and hand my card in and then when I get home I can download them all to print myself?

Correct!
You can add the photos on the Photopass+ in two different ways:

1) There's a QR-code in the corner on the on-ride photo that you see on the screen after leaving the ride.
If you download the Photopass+ app (its a free app) you can scan the photo on your account with the app.
This is free of charge.

2) You can go the the cash register of ride, hand in your Photopass+ and they will scan the photo on the card for you.
You will need your photo number (which you can find on the screen that shows the on-ride photo at the exit).
This is also free of charge.

Both options are fine, but I'd recommend letting a Cast Member scan it on your card. This way you can check immediately if the photo is on there. If you let a CM scan it for you, you also get the HD version. If you scan it yourself using the QR-code, the photo is lower of quality.

You can also use the Photopass+ at all the characters that have official photographers with them.
This is pretty much all of the characters mentioned on the programme.
And sometimes the roaming characters have photographers too.
I've found that the photographers take much more photos if you have the Photopass+ than just your own camera.
Just hand over the Photopass+ when it's your turn to meet a character, and they will know what to do.

You can use the Photopass+ for 10 days in a row after the purchase of it.
But the photos will be on your account for one whole year.
So you can download them all (free of charge) whenever you want.

I've purchased the Photopass+ twice now, once for a 5-day Halloween trip and once for a 3-day Christmas trip.
On my first trip I ended up with 229 photos in 5 days, and my second trip I ended up with 118 photos in 3 days.
I will purchase the Photopass+ for a third time during my Swing Into Spring visit.
It's a great service, and for what you get in return the price is actually pretty cheap. I highly recommend it!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Laurad1983

This sounds brilliant, thanks for sharing!  Are there official photographers at the princess lunch, inventions etc?

jeakat24

Thanks for all the info. We're planning on buying it during our trip next week. Where are the places that sell them?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

sarahmumof4

This sounds like a really good idea .

We're going at christmas as a 40th birthday treat . I would be buying one picture anyway so to have lots would be great .

Ditto the comment above , do they have photographers at the character lunches ( princess lunch / inventions ).
Also at meet Mickey ?

Lastly do they ever  have offers on and where's the best place to buy ?

Thanks x
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Laurad1983 on January 27, 2015, 09:07:25 PM
This sounds brilliant, thanks for sharing!  Are there official photographers at the princess lunch, inventions etc?

I might be wrong, but from what I know they don't have official photographers at any restaurant, except Planet Hollywood. This includes character dining.
Like I said earlier: it's the characters mentioned on the programme, and sometimes with the roaming characters.

Quote from: jeakat24 on January 27, 2015, 09:21:18 PM
Thanks for all the info. We're planning on buying it during our trip next week. Where are the places that sell them?

You can find the Photopass+ at every shop where you can see your photos.
The best place to buy them is from Flora's Boutique (the first shop on the right hand side right after you leave Town Square and enter Main Street, U.S.A.).

Quote from: sarahmumof4 on January 27, 2015, 09:30:24 PM
This sounds like a really good idea .

We're going at christmas as a 40th birthday treat . I would be buying one picture anyway so to have lots would be great .

Ditto the comment above , do they have photographers at the character lunches ( princess lunch / inventions ).
Also at meet Mickey ?

Lastly do they ever  have offers on and where's the best place to buy ?

Thanks x

Like I said above here, no photographers at the restaurants.
There is an official photographer at Meet Mickey, also at Princess Pavillion.
Both of them are specifically mentioned with the Photopass+ logo on the entertainment programme.

Best place to buy is Flora's Boutique, or Gallerie Mickey (the shop on the second floor of the Disneyland Hotel).
As far as I'm aware of there are normally no offers, except for when you add them to your arrangement.
In that case you get a 10€ discount (I might be wrong on the exact price).
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Mrsya

Someone shared a voucher with me today on another forum that shall not be named. I think they're normally €49.99 and my voucher is €20 off! Bargain now I know what you get! I spent nearly that on one photo of my son with spiderman last May!!

Thanks for all the info peeps. What one earth would I do without this forum!

stecal

hi in case anyone is interested i added it to my booking 2 weeks ago and it cost me £33

Mrsya

Happy to share via email if people want to pm me. I think it's valid until July 2015.

stecal

Shame i already booked it as €29.99 is a bargain