Parking

Started by grawns, January 21, 2015, 02:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grawns

Hi this is my first time posting

I am looking to travel to do with my 2 kids and hubby in May just wondering how much is parking as we will be driving? Also am I right in thinking parking in the Disney village is closer to the park entrance?
Also if I have a 1 day 1 park ticket can I return to my can and renter the park? Going for 2 separate days for each of the park sand might want to ditch some of the kids stuff at some point. I want to thank you all for all incredibly useful and money saving tips so far.
Thanks in advance

Queen Elsa

Hey! Car parks are €15 a day unless you are staying in a Disney hotel and then it's free. Not sure about which car parks are closer as we stay in the hotels but the Disney village is very close to both parks entrances x

DisneyMichelle

The village carpark can sometimes be closer as if you park in the main car park on a busy day you could well be parked very far back and have a long walk :) But to be honest there isnt much in it.

We have only parked in the village once and this was on New years Eve - We then had to queue for 50mins just to pay for our ticket. Now i would guess it was because of NYE but if your leaving the park at the end of the day when most people are leaving you may find you have the same problem with having to queue to pay for ticket. Where as the Main car park you pay on arrival so can then just jump in your car and go which is all you really want to do at the end of a busy day.

xx
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

Mrsya

You can go backwards and forwards to your car as often as you like but this will take a good 15 mins. I think there may be lockers at the entrance but not sure how much they are. I know what you mean about stuff - we have a 5 and a 1 year old! We load up the buggy and end up looking like pack- horses but saves having to walk back to the car. One tip for the car park is that they often put cones across if one block is full but they often do this when they're only half full - don't know why, you can drive through the actual car park and get closer. Keep an eye out for French cars that know this and follow them!

grawns

Thanks beginning to get excited now! If the price is the same we might park in the village and walk through the village and get dinner before we head back on our 90 min car journey. Especially on the 2nd day when we go to the studios and will be leaving before dreams.

Mrsya

Quote from: grawns on January 21, 2015, 02:11:57 PM
Thanks beginning to get excited now! If the price is the same we might park in the village and walk through the village and get dinner before we head back on our 90 min car journey. Especially on the 2nd day when we go to the studios and will be leaving before dreams.

90 mins.... You're so lucky! We have 7 hours of fun with our two little ones when we go home!

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Mrsya on January 22, 2015, 12:37:00 PM

90 mins.... You're so lucky! We have 7 hours of fun with our two little ones when we go home!

I guessed she meant 90 minutes to her holiday accomodation? We have a 7-8 hour journey home too xx

Mrsya

Quote from: Queen Elsa on January 22, 2015, 02:00:17 PM
Quote from: Mrsya on January 22, 2015, 12:37:00 PM

Oh. Grawns - why so far?
I guessed she meant 90 minutes to her holiday accomodation? We have a 7-8 hour journey home too xx

grawns

Yes I meant to our accommodation going on a two week holiday to France and going to do 2 days at the parks but a week apart. So we can enjoy everything and get the most out of the parks without being exhausted from the previous day. Not the ideal Disney experience but it is what we can afford at the mo. Thanks for all your help.

QueenLisa

We had planned to do the same as you but the tickets were costing so much we found it was nearly cheaper to stay at the Davy Crokett Ranch, we got a deal for 4 nights- 5 days for our family 2 adults & 2 kids for less than €800.

We get the park tickets, free parking on site and early Magic hours and as its a caravan we can shop & cook and bring our own food which suits us with 2 toddlers.

Might be worth a look for the next time :) enjoy !