stroller advice!

Started by annesafc, January 07, 2015, 09:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annesafc

Hi when we go in april im taking a cheap stroller for my 4 year old as she gets easily tired and hates lots of walking.we are a family of 4 and hope to go on the rides,queue for meet and greets together etc. Ive read on other posts about stolen strollers and people advising bike locks . Does anyone have any advice and tips on strollers in the parks and access in general with a stroller.

littlebitofpixiedust

On all our visits wich is probably way over 30 by now lol we've never had a pushchair stolen. But of course it does and can happen. Bike locks are a fab idea on my last trip 3 weeks ago I actually see a number of people do this.

Access is brilliant all round Disney it caters well for everyone my sons a wheelchair user and has no problems at all one other thing to note is you can always rent pushchairs in both parks but I don't know what costs are involved? I'd always recommend taking a basic stroller that isn't expensive to be honest have a fantastic time!

annesafc

Thank you,, i have bought a cheap stroller in january sales which works out cheaper than hiring in the parks.just wondered if people queued with the strollers or is there areas to leave them?

littlebitofpixiedust

Your not allowed them inside shows or ride ques but there are areas to leave them outside the attractions.

daddyof2

Yes, I agree, there are plenty of places to leave them. We took a proper pushchair as if fitted our needs, never had a problem finding a place to leave it and sometimes did so unlocked. I'm sure you're used to spotting official/unofficial pushchair parks, so you'll be fine

macca1476

If you are worried about it, it might make sense for you to hire a stroller from Disney. If one of you are a Dream Annual Passport holder its free, otherwise its 12 euros a day

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/practicalities/pushchair-wheelchair-rental/

Mrsya

Def take your cheap stroller and a cheap bike lock or buggy lock. We only needed to lock it up outside shows or when there were long queues. One other tip, try to put it under shelter or with poncho over if there's a chance of rain. We didn't and came out to a soggy seat!

annesafc

Thanks for tips everyone.x

caffeine_demon

Crikey - stealing a stroller - that's low!

Fluffymilly

Yup really low but I've even heard of a child who had their specially adapted disability buggy stolen!! Bike locks highly advised 

Queen Elsa

We went last September and just took a combination bike lock with us. We either fastened it to the railings or put it through the wheel and frame so it couldn't be pushed off x

Rapunzelwannabe

My pushchair is in such a sorry state I'm secretly hoping someone will steal it so hubby will let me buy a new one :)
Disneyland Paris - January 2015
Disneyland Hong Kong - September 2007

Mrsya

I read somewhere that thieves buy an annual pass just to go in and steal the expensive models to sell second hand...  :'(

McSuze

We took a bike lock with us and had no problems, we did hear of a rented one being taken as the people thought they were free to use! I saw pushchairs left randomly outside rides (not in the designated area) with shopping bags on the handles and everything! There is a place for them at most rides and restaurants. DS was 4 when we went but even 5 year old DD got in it a couple of times when her little legs got tired from all the walking.
:-)