Sequoia Lodge upgrade

Started by stormflm595, January 05, 2015, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

Hey guys,

I'm staying in the Sequoia Lodge in March for my next Disney trip. Just checked my booking details out of curiosity and saw that our room option is a standard room with 2 double bed in one of the lodges.

it's my first time staying at this hotel and I was hoping to get a lakeside quite high up, so that we could see the Disney Village lit up at night and the Newport Bay and New York hotel on the lake. Does anyone know if you are able to upgrade or switch to one of these rooms, even without upgrading to GF (i imagine that would be kind of expensive) and what sort of cost I'd be looking at? Or are these rooms only available for the GF since these are the best view from the hotel and would make sense to be more special. How much would a GF upgrade cost and how would I go about this?

Many thanks!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

stormflm595

UPDATE!

It is not the golden forest I want, it's actually the Montana lake side (i just found it on the website). Again, does anyone know how much it is the upgrade to these rooms and how to go about it?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

norhel

I don't know about the cost, but I would recommend that you contact the place you booked through and they should be able to help you.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

KentDisney

Quote from: stormflm595 on January 05, 2015, 06:42:56 PM
UPDATE!

It is not the golden forest I want, it's actually the Montana lake side (i just found it on the website). Again, does anyone know how much it is the upgrade to these rooms and how to go about it?

Golden Forest rooms are on the higher floors as they are club level rooms, they also do lake view. It's not overly expensive, but you'll need to contact whoever you booked it with to find the exact price.

Disney Matt

Its all under (Select Different Room Type) on the Disney website.
But i guess the upgrade cost will depend on what time of year you are going.

I stayed in Dec & my booking confirmation stated i'd be in a lodge but i was actually in the hotel itself. Was like a free upgrade :) Amazing hotel by the way  :D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

stormflm595

thanks for the help everyone!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

CitrusZing

If you booked through Disneyland Paris, give them a call to inquire. However, if you booked as a package on a special deal, there is a good chance that they will say you will have to buy a new package.

I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel soon and I inquired about upgrading the room to one of the Castle Club rooms (not a suite). I emailed them and the response was that as I had booked a package and under a special deal (the winter one where you got 2 nights free) I would have to book a new package at over £3,000!!!

I was thinking as I read the email that I love Disney, but if I had £3,000 I'd be booking the trip to Hawaii that I'd love to go on!!
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

stormflm595

Yes I booked through DLP. I enquiried about it but it would have cost an extra £118 and as a student, that is a lot of money! oh well!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days