Single Parent

Started by Sherbs87, December 09, 2014, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherbs87

Hi Newbie here looking for some advice/reassurance

I'm taking my two boys (6+4) to DLP for 3 nights on the 21/12. Starting to get a bit panicked now about getting them both on rides, don't really want one of my children sat next to a complete stranger, but then don't know if they'll be allowed to ride together.

I have already booked all restaurants for evening meals and planned where and when to use fast pass. Any tips or hints anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated as I really want to make the most of it and give them the best Christmas.

Thanks

nathalie

Most rides (if not all of them?) they'll probably just put you 3 together, I've seen it many times before, 1 adult & 2 little kids.

twentythingamabobs

I would think you will be fine on most of the rides suitable for little kids. Depending the heights of your children and how adventurous they are, the only ride that may be an slight issue is Crush's Coaster (it looks like a mild ride but inside it is quite thrilling!) where there is 4 to a "shell" but 2 seats face forward and 2 face backwards. So if they kids did want to ride it I suppose they could sit next to each other and you sit behind them... can't think of any others! Hope you have a magical time, we are there the exact same time as you, not long to wait now!

daddyof2

I agree, I think you'll be fine on most rides. The other one that I'm not sure about is Autopia - I think that's maybe 2 to a car only so you might not be able to do that.
There are so many other non-ride attractions, that with all the rides that you can do together you won't miss the handful that you can't.

stifle

Might have a bit of trouble with Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast although it would be a very hard-hearted CM who would not let the kids ride together with you in the next or previous space cruiser.

wonderwoman77

Hi there.
I took my 2 girls then aged 3 and 10 on annual passes 3 times alone. It was fine and great fun.

The rides were all ok with CMS very helpful and considerate to our needs. Make sure your kids are ready to get on rides quickly and have an order to get on. Maybe elder one then little one, then you last. That way you know they are on safely.

Table service restaurats are best as you don't need to worry about either all queuing together at counter and not having anywhere to sit or to leave eldest to hold table where you potentially won't see them (I didn't feel brave enough to do this with dD then age 10!) buffet and table service is much easier!

Beware the cold! We went the same week and it was MINUS 4 during our stay! Theme parks are no fun if you are really really cold. Thick gloves, cheap ski clothes and lots of warm socks and we were all toasty warm waiting for the parades.

The hot chocolate in the afternoon is a must. Just get inside a counter restaurant and have a warm drink and a cake

Oh yes. I amso learned you can't really wear a princess dress with salloppettes. Well my DD 3 did!

You'll have a magical time!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."  Walt Disney

jackieann

hi with autopia you can ride with 3 my hubby did with my older 2 when i was pregnant and let one will stear when going around then they let them swap places and the other did so they went round twice. With boys its a must do. Xx

Pixiemagic

I'll be there from the same time as you with my two boys (7 & 3) so thank you to everyone for all the advice as I was starting to get nervous about taking them on my own! The crowds are still bothering me, especially as the youngest is still in a buggy, but I think we'll just make the most of EMH. xx

littlebitofpixiedust

I've never done it alone, though I am a single parent too. I take someone with me but that's because my son is disabled and it's a lot harder getting on/of rides.
Make use of extra magic hours Peter pan is a fab ride for kids be sure to do that one first in the mornings as ques get busy. Take drinks/snacks for during the day saves time Queing up and money!

Depending on budget I'd highly recommend inventions reastaurant (Pre book) its pricey but the characters come to your table. They let my son eat free and he's 6. If not inventions cafe mickey is reasonably priced and characters here too.

The shows are brilliant in the studios don't miss animagique, stitch live and playhouse Disney! The car stunt show is fantastic and boys love!
Lightning McQueen ,Ames an appearance.

Most rides will accommodate you all, so I wouldn't worry about that. Have a magical time! :)