rough estimate of times during the Christmas season? and dreams every night?

Started by Gemma W, October 27, 2014, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma W

Hi everyone Just wondered if someone might be able to help me with some timings so I can get my rough plans of the days done. are there from Nov 30th- Dec 3rd and I just wondered if anyone remembers the timings for the cavalcade and tree lighting ceremony last year? also my friend has just come back from DLP and says that dreams wasn't on every night- only 2 days mid week. Does anyone know if this will be the same through December or will it (really hoping it is!) be on every night?
Thanks Gemma

cazspence

Are you sure she didn't just leave too early for it? As dreams is on every night at park closing.

captain rocket

Dreams is on every night, so would assume your friend missed it somehow! There is little point in comparing the cavalcade times from last year as it is rumoured to be on five times a day for this year due to Disney Magic on Parade being dropped for the season (scandalously in my opinion, Disney without the daily parade is unthinkable!) When the Christmas season starts in early November you will be able to get a better idea of what will be happening.

SUTHEL3

I read on a facebook page that the cavalcade will be on 3 times a day this year. When I went in October last year I think the parade was 12:30 and 5:30 - so considering park closes at 7 during xmas season and dreams will be on at that time, parade will probably be around 11ish, 2ish and 5ish - but i'm only guessing.

Dream is confirmed to be on every night and will only be cancelled if the weather is particularly bad - i.e thunder/lightening/giant hails stones etc.

I think I read the tree ceremony was twice a day.

Remember there will be a parade in the studios park as well - so plenty to do!  The christmas programme should be out shortly as the season starts in 2 weeks - so you'll be able to get an idea then :)

DisneyfanGermany

Quote from: Ariel90 on October 28, 2014, 02:46:36 PM
Remember there will be a parade in the studios park as well

There will be a parade? Which one? Stars n Cars back?
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

captain rocket

No, Disney Magic on Parade is not on during Christmas. The Christmas Cavalcade, a scaled down parade will be on 3 or 5 times a day depending on which rumour you believe.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: DisneyfanGermany on October 28, 2014, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: Ariel90 on October 28, 2014, 02:46:36 PM
Remember there will be a parade in the studios park as well

There will be a parade? Which one? Stars n Cars back?

Not sure where this info came from, but I'm pretty sure it's not right.
There is no parade at the Studios Park.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

samuelvictor

QuoteNot sure where this info came from, but I'm pretty sure it's not right.
There is no parade at the Studios Park.

The Stars and Cars parade is currently on in the Studio Park 11:45 weekends and 11 weekdays, I imagine this will continue throughout the rest of the Christmas period...

Latest programmes with times etc here: [link]https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-dlp-assets/prod/en-gb/system/images/show-and-parades.pdf[/link]

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: samuelvictor on November 24, 2014, 09:04:01 AM
The Stars and Cars parade is currently on in the Studio Park 11:45 weekends and 11 weekdays, I imagine this will continue throughout the rest of the Christmas period...

The Stars 'n Cars hasn't been a parade in 6 months. And it will not be.
What it is right now, is the characters going to Production Courtyard.
9 characters, 14 sections...you have to be lucky if the character comes to your section to meet you behind a rope.
There is no actual parade anymore at the Studios ;)
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

samuelvictor

Oh... that's a shame. Many apologies I stand corrected!  :-[ I wonder why it's still called "Stars and Cars" then - do they at least arrive in a car? Otherwise its a bit of a misnomer!  :-\

Or is it like the old studios Mickey/Minnie meet and greet where they are stood on a red carpet by a still car & backdrop behind a queuing rope? (think it was like a limo or rolls royce with Hollywood hills on the backdrop from what I remember)

Tbh though the vehicles were cool to look at & nicely themed I was never hugely impressed with Stars & Cars anyway, didn't feel long enough to be called a real "parade" imo, or at least not when I saw it in Mar/Apr 2011 & 2012.

samuelvictor