Santa Fe or Cheyenne?

Started by Euro1989, October 19, 2014, 01:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euro1989

Hi all,

Big DLP fan here, visited on Halloween last year but have not made it this year :( so I was going to book 3 nights in January 2015 as it is so cheap! The prices are the same for the Santa Fe and Cheyenne so I was wondering out of the two what would people recommend? It is just me and my partner going, we usually stay at Sequoia Lodge but in the hope of keeping it cheap we are going with a 2 key hotel.

Also is Disney Dreams still shown every night through January? Little unclear on this at the parks close earlier.

Disneyland Paris - 1997
Walt Disney World - 2009
Disneyland Paris - 2010
Disneyland Paris - 2013
Walt Disney World - 2013
Disneyland Paris - 2015
Walt Disney World - 2016
Disneyland Paris - 2016
Upcoming DLP - January 2017

caspdex

I would go with Santa Fe, recently refurbed and nearer the garage for supplies. If you want to eat at Cheyenne , it is only across the bridge. You also get two doubles in the SF, which might be a plus over a double and a set of bunks.

Euro1989

Thanks! After looking into it that is the same decision that I was leaning towards! Can't believe the price, £575 for everything including flight and transfers! Absolutely made up! :)
Disneyland Paris - 1997
Walt Disney World - 2009
Disneyland Paris - 2010
Disneyland Paris - 2013
Walt Disney World - 2013
Disneyland Paris - 2015
Walt Disney World - 2016
Disneyland Paris - 2016

msRavenswood

I'd go with the Cheyenne, the Santa Fe is my least favourite hotel as far as design is concerned. When you're at the Cheyenne you feel like you're staying in Frontierland. But in the end it's all up to personal taste.

Uragano Tati

I prefer the Cheyenne. They both are nice hotel but I love the western atmosfere of the Cheyenne. I will stay in the Cheyenne for my next 2 trips.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

loulou169

Id definitly say Cheyenne. I've stayed at the Santa Fe twice and the Cheyenne once and am going back to the Cheyenne October next year! It's got a lot of character whereas I thought the Santa Fe was lacking atmosphere. I love the fact it feels like the western and not a hotel whereas the Santa Fe just felt like a hotel, I obviously know it's a hotel but the Cheyenne just feels like you've stepped into another world! I like the fact they play country songs inside and the gift shop sold toys like the Lone Ranger, Santa Fe just sold generic disney stuff like teddies, etc. Considering it's the 'cheap' disney hotel it definitly doesn't feel like one
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

amanda08

I'm another one for Cheyenne, even after the refurb Santa Fe still depresses me tbh. I love the theme of Cheyenne and the bar, reception  and restaurant are also much cosier then the Santa Fe (imo of course)

littlebitofpixiedust

I like both tbh if I had to choose for myself I'd pick Cheyenne I like the saloon bar shame they stopped the live music!
Correct me if it's started up again? We're going back December. But Santa fe feb as it was a lot cheaper plus my son is cars crazy so he will be made up.
I'm sure you will enjoy wich ever you choose :)

RockNRoller

I'd put in a vote for the Santa Fe. Based on 2 things
1) I've always enjoyed my stays in the Santa Fe
2) As I understand it a lot of the Cheyenne's rooms have bunk beds and I don't do bunk beds
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: RockNRoller on October 19, 2014, 11:00:55 PM
I'd put in a vote for the Santa Fe. Based on 2 things
1) I've always enjoyed my stays in the Santa Fe
2) As I understand it a lot of the Cheyenne's rooms have bunk beds and I don't do bunk beds

I've lost count how many times I visited Cheyenne but every time bunk beds. I must say its in need of a refurb but then even the new York is (think its next on list) both Cheyenne and new York on our last visits had broken draws/units ripped wallpaper and the new York the bathroom tiles were smashed also.
I must say I've only stayed at Santa fe once but I really enjoyed the theming and the fact the garage was so close to stock up, I'm looking forward to trying it again :)

Euro1989

Hmmmm now I am torn! There seems to be a shift towards the Cheyenne and one of the reasons is the atmosphere, and I love a bit of Disney Atmosphere, I am booking tomorrow so I think I will sleep on it! Thanks for all the advice everyone :)
Disneyland Paris - 1997
Walt Disney World - 2009
Disneyland Paris - 2010
Disneyland Paris - 2013
Walt Disney World - 2013
Disneyland Paris - 2015
Walt Disney World - 2016
Disneyland Paris - 2016

Belloboy7

Go for the Cheyenne far better atmosphere and if it's been a bit chilly outside go to the bar and have a nice drink around the open fire to finish the day off ...Magic.....

gemma2806

Another vote for the Cheyenne from me! I usually stay at the Sequoia Lodge but stayed once in the Cheyenne before. I loved the whole Frontierland feel to the hotel as the cowboy town is definitely (in my opinion) the best themed out of all the hotels as it's really immersive and being only 2 stories tall in each building, if you do get the top floor you only have to carry your cases up one flight of stairs! I went for a nose round the Santa Fe and was really shocked! I've not seen inside the rooms apart from pics online but I felt there was no theming throughout and it felt very sparse and lacking in anything! Again this is just my opinion but based solely on what we saw my family said we will never stay at this hotel especially given that the Cheyenne is the same price and so much more immersive in theming. Their buffet dinner was also very nice and very good value for money!  :D

caspdex

Bear in mind it is a 30 sec walk from SF to Cheyenne, go for whatever kind of beds suit you.

Euro1989

DONE!

All booked from 12/01 to the 15/01 at the Hotel Cheyenne! When Belloboy7 said about having a drink by the open fire I was sold, especially for the time of year we are going!

So excited  :D

Question though, last time I got my booking documents through email, this time I just got a confirmation email, but no attachments. Has there been a recent change on this?

Thanks  :)

Disneyland Paris - 1997
Walt Disney World - 2009
Disneyland Paris - 2010
Disneyland Paris - 2013
Walt Disney World - 2013
Disneyland Paris - 2015
Walt Disney World - 2016
Disneyland Paris - 2016