Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfspock

So, applications for the Shareholders Club will be accepted from March 10 onward, with a minimum amount of 1,000 Shares to be held. The Membership will be Extended to five years.

haribosmum

just read this myself, it's what I was expecting to be honest.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Slimy yet satisfying

Haven't received anything yet. Where did you see that? Hope its true cos I bought full quota and have 1010 shares!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Slimy yet satisfying

Ok. Found the link. My card doesnt expire until Sept. Do I need to renew now under the new conditions or wait until 60 days before? Does it also mean that people with existing cards and less than 1000 shares are now unable to use their cards?
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

A&S&O

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on March 09, 2016, 04:35:42 PM
Ok. Found the link. My card doesnt expire until Sept. Do I need to renew now under the new conditions or wait until 60 days before? Does it also mean that people with existing cards and less than 1000 shares are now unable to use their cards?

Purely guesswork, but I would assume that your card is valid until it expires - wait until 60 days before it expires, then apply for a new one.
Again, purely guesswork, but I assume people with existing cards can continue to use them until they expire.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

norhel

If I'm not mistaken, you have to wait until you are within the 60 days to renew.
And regarding the minimum shares, my guess is that people with less that 1000 shares can't renew.

By the way, I've just sent a message to the shareholders club, with a few questions since I have shares through two different brokers. One with under the minimum amount, and one over.

When I renewed my membership a couple of years back, I used the broker that I now have under the minimum amount of shares through. And at the other broker I have over the new minimum.

So I just sent an message to the club asking if it is any problem to use the other broker to renew my membership. Should be interesting to hear what they say.

Quote from: A&S&O on March 09, 2016, 04:59:20 PM

Purely guesswork, but I would assume that your card is valid until it expires - wait until 60 days before it expires, then apply for a new one.
Again, purely guesswork, but I assume people with existing cards can continue to use them until they expire.

I also assume that those with the existing card won't be affected.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

norhel

At the official site at http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/index.xhtml they are now saying:

QuoteAttention: Members of the Shareholders Club who joined the Club prior to March 9th, 2016 must also renew their card at the earliest 60 days before the expiration of their card and at the latest 60 days after the expiration (versus an unlimited period before). After this delay, the new membership criteria (holding of a minimum of 1000 shares) will apply will apply.

Caz

Hi,

It's a little ambiguous but to me this reads like as long as you apply to rejoin 60 days before or after then, as long as you still hold the same or more as you did when you applied previously, you can rejoin, but if you go over 60 days you have to rejoin under the new conditions (per that magic 'or') - it's just 'new' (never joined before or lapsed) members that need to hold 1000 shares - at least this is what I'm hoping! On the other hand it could just be poor translation! ::)

Quote from the email
"Please consider making your renewal at the earliest 60 days before the expiration of their card and at the latest 60 days after the expiration of their card or new conditions (holding a minimum of 1000 shares) will apply for members who joined the Shareholders Club prior to March 9th, 2016."

Quote from the website
"Attention: Members of the Shareholders Club who joined the Club prior to March 9th, 2016 must also renew their card at the earliest 60 days before the expiration of their card and at the latest 60 days after the expiration (versus an unlimited period before). After this delay, the new membership criteria (holding of a minimum of 1000 shares) will apply."

Fingers crossed.

Edit:
:'(  The more I re-read the website I think it more likely that existing members will also have to have 1000 shares at the time of renewal. Guess I'm fortunate that I only renewed last month!

Edit:
Yay! I was right after all - phew!

Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

Javey74

This is very disappointing news... and a damn disgrace to current shareholders of 100 shares as it currently stands.

Can anyone remember quite a few months ago that is was said that the Shareholders Club will be adjusted for shares required, but it would only affect new shareholders. Rubbish! If you mean current as in before 2005 then fine, as it was October 2000 before that. I'm awaiting some form of response from the club regarding the following>>

Dear Shareholders Club

I would just like to state that I am very disappointed at the news. It was understood many months ago that changes would be made to the quantity of shares required for the club, but this should not affect current shareholders.

This has not been the case. I joined in June 2009 with 30 shares so I did not have to pay an admin fee of 30 euros for the two years, then when the shares went up a few years later from 30 to 100 I paid for more at approx. £400 to remain in the shareholders Club. If you joined before October 2000 and owning a minimum of 5 shares you were not affected by this increase.  Now a few years further on I am being asked to purchase 900 more, again the shareholders that are exempt are for individuals with shares before 2005 who again own a minimum of 5 shares, which to be honest is a double kick in the teeth.

Out of the shareholder card benefits I can only use the discounts on purchases, in the UK 10% at all Disney Stores and 15% in the parks. It would not be worth it for me to buy another 900 shares since I can never take advantage of all the discounts and shareholder meetings as I live in the UK. My opinion is you need another club for outsiders who cannot take advantage of all the benefits you receive being in the DLP Shareholders Club. 

I have visited DLP since 2005 and I am going again this August which will be my 13th Trip. Hearing this announcement has left me in disbelief.  I'm sure there will be thousands like me having to sell shares as they are worthless.  I like many others were not happy with the Walt Disney Company wanting to buy up the majority shares from the public, though the mechanism to adjust all shares was agreed at the AGM, which I could not attend.

I never sold mine under the anti-dilution mechanism as it was not a money matter it was as I started only to be part of the Shareholders Club. Now I'm being squeezed out like many other loyal visitors. I've heard of obtaining shares from shareholders through various methods and tactics but if you don't want to sell you don't want to sell. Now with this announcement it looks like they have got their way indirectly making people sell their current 100 shares which are required for the club at present, as they will be worthless for the club by the end of March.

I truly feel there has been a fixed agenda to trim down individuals in the shareholders club in a very mean way. Like I say 30 to 100 shares is one thing but 100 to 1000 is quite another.

If the idea is to make money, then I feel that people like myself with under the allowance will just sell their shares on and drop out of the club, just so that the Walt Disney Company can buy them up as they wanted in the first place. I know my family spends at the parks over 12 visits are in the region of just over £10,000 and I can imagine guests like myself who had Shareholder Club Cards will spend less in future as there is no incentive to spend more. As you can tell I'm very disappointed at this news, where indications were made that current shareholders will not be affected, only new shareholders.  Now its only shareholders before 2005 which are not affected. Even the subscription payment option has gone if you had under the amount of shares required.

From a very loyal disgruntled guest!

All I can say is Money.. Money... Money!!!

norhel

So, I go the reply on the questions I asked the shareholders club earlier today:
QuoteDear Shareholders Club member,

The Shareholders club confirms that these new applicable general
conditions from March 10th, 2016 concern ONLY THE NEW MEMBERS who have
to hold 1000 shares minimum.

The former members of the Club (until March 9th, 2016) ARE NOT
IMPACTED by these new conditions if they make the renewal of their
card at the latest in 60 days following its expiration date.

The new cards validity will be of 5 years for all the Club members.

The current cards REMAIN VALID UP TO THE EXPIRATION DATE and will not
be reproduced with the 5-year term.

This new 5-year term will be applicable only during the renewal.

However, the former members of the Club (before March 10th, 2016)
will see applying the new criteria of 1000 shares if they do not make
by their renewal in 60 days after the expiration date.

Feel free to contact us for any further information.

Yours sincerely,

EURO DISNEY S.C.A.
Shareholders Club
Free line: 00800 64 74 56 30 *
Tel.: +33 (0)1 64 74 56 30
Fax: + 33 (0)1 64 74 56 36
E-Mail: eurodisney@clubactionnaires.com [1]

(*) From France, United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain
and Italy from a land line, national operators only

Links:
------
[1] mailto:eurodisney@clubactionnaires.com
[2] http://corporate.disneylandparis.com

So, apparently if I, and all the exiting member to today's date renew no later than 60 days after the card expires, is not impacted by the new rules.

DisneyAlba

Yes, great news for all current members!!!!  :D :D :D

Dear Shareholders Club member,

The Shareholders club confirms that these new applicable general conditions from March 10th, 2016 concern only the new members who have to hold 1000 shares minimum.

The former members of the Club (until March 9th, 2016) are not impacted by these new conditions if they make the renewal of their card at the latest in 60 days following its expiration date.

The new cards validity will be of 5 years for all the Club members.

The current cards remain valid up to the expiration date and will not be reproduced with the 5-year term.

This new 5-year term will be applicable only during the renewal.

However, the former members of the Club (before March 10th, 2016) will see applying the new criteria of 1000 shares if they do not make by their renewal in 60 days after the expiration date.

Feel free to contact us for any further information.
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Javey74

So does that mean in May 2017 when my card expires as long as I renew it within 60 days, my 100 shares will still stand to renew membership for 5 years now. Then the same again after that.

What I'm reading unless I've picked it up totally wrong is that if your a present member of the shareholders club, you do not need 1000 shares, just the 100 as it was as long as you don't let your card expire more than 60 days. Otherwise obviously you would need to re-apply as a new member?

norhel

Quote from: Javey74 on March 09, 2016, 07:16:17 PM
So does that mean in May 2017 when my card expires as long as I renew it within 60 days, my 100 shares will still stand to renew membership for 5 years now. Then the same again after that.

What I'm reading unless I've picked it up totally wrongg is that if your a present member of the shareholders club, you do not need 1000 shares, just the 100 as it was as long as you don't let your card expire more than 60 days. Otherwise obviously you would need to re-apply as a new member?

That is my understanding as well.

Javey74

But then again what's all this about members of the club before 2005 are the only ones excluded from the criteria?

norhel

Quote from: Javey74 on March 09, 2016, 07:19:45 PM
But then again what's all this about members of the club before 2005 are the only ones excluded from the criteria?

I remember reading something somewhere that there was something about that the rules of the shareholders club at that time, and something about changes at the club and the EDL finances at that time making the rules for them. But don't quote me 100% on that.