Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimy yet satisfying

Just received my shareholder email this morning. It seem that in January they are to be lookinv at the conditions of the club and mention that changes to terms will be made. It doesnt say that it is ending the club. Sorry cant attach mail.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Slimy yet satisfying

News about the Membership of the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club

Since Thursday, January 15th, 2015, new memberships (new members) have been suspended, at least for all the duration of the recapitalization plan.After this period, an analysis on the threshold of the minimum number of actions to be held by the new members will be done (probably at the beginning of 2016) before the implementation of new criteria for membership and/or new general conditions of the Shareholders Club.Since October 1st, 2015, the temporary certificates are no longer delivered or accepted. Only the membership cards that include a band with track (cards issued since October, 2012) are valid in the cash registers of shops, restaurants of Disneyland® Paris and for purchase of parks tickets and annual passports (not available by internet).

Please consider making your renewal at most 60 days before the date of expiration by filling up your online renewal form, available in the Shareholders Club section, on our institutional website:corporate.disneylanparis.com (Section : Your Personal Space).
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

samuelvictor

Good to know that the shareholder's club isn't completely cancelled  ;D I hope the required amount doesn't raise significantly though, I can't afford to buy too many more right now  :(

suzysharp1979

I really hope that they don't discontinue the Shareholders Club as I really enjoyed Salon Mickey on my last visit! Please post any news people have!

pfspock

So, Prince Alwaleed has participated in the 4th phase of the recapitalisation and continues to own 10% of DLP. This means that TWDC will NOT be able to buy out/squeeze out the remaining shareholders. So the shareholders club may continue.  And from a shareholder's point of view it's good news too, as it shows that he still believes in the future of the resort. Investing 50m is nothing even he would do lightly.

Here's the release:
Kingdom Holding Company (KHC) chaired by HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, injects additional investment in Euro Disney at €49.2 million (SR203.2 million) as part of Euro Disney's financial reconstructing, recapitalization, and new action plan, which commenced in April 2015, whereby KHC fully participated in the rights issue offered by the company. Thus, KHC maintains its 10% share ownership of the company.

In October 2015, KHC announced that French Sovereign Fund and leading French companies will acquire $150 of Kingdom Holding Company shares. Moreover, KHC that was represented by Prince Alwaleed and CDCIC (the French sovereign fund) that includes leading companies in France that was represented by Mr. Laurent Vigier, CEO of CDCIC signed an agreement in the presence of HE Laurent Fabius, French Minister of Foreign Affairs, HE Adel Aljubair, Saudi Foreign Minister and HE Dr. Tafiq Alrabiah, Saudi Minister of Commerce and Industry. The agreement would be intended to help advance bilateral economic co-operation through projects in the energy, construction, telecommunication, security, waste and water treatment and other related activities in the region.

Furthermore, Prince Alwaleed and Mr. Fabius discussed the deal of acquiring KHC's shares with a minimum amount of $150 million dollars (SR563 million). Moreover, the two discussed political, economic and cultural matters. They also discussed the bi-lateral relations between Saudi Arabia and France, and the strong relations between HRH and France, especially KHC's investments in France that are considered to be the largest Saudi Arabian presence in France through the ownership and management of the iconic landmark The Four Seasons Hotel George V, the management of Le Royal Monceau Hotel (Raffles), Disneyland, Paris (Euro Disney), 7 hotels in Disneyland, Paris, in addition to the management of the Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat in the South of France, and through the presence of Citigroup. Also Prince Alwaleed's cultural contributions through Alwaleed Philanthropies that have donated US$20 million in 2005 to establish the center of Islamic Art at the Musée du Louvre.

samuelvictor

A&S&O

The shares have now plummeted to 1.14. May be time to build up ownership in anticipation of a raise in the number of shares needed to be a shareholders club member?

Do people think the drop is as a result of the troubles in Paris, or because of the TWDC takeover?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

pfspock

First: There is no real TWDC takeover.They now own  76,71% of Euro Disney S.C.A. which is far less than what they originally intended.
And second: During the recapitalisation process the stock Price rose to 1.40 € so it would make no sense at all for it to plummet after the restructuring was complete. I think it's a given that the Terrorist attacks in Paris had a large Impact on the stock market, especially in Tourist destinations next to Paris.

But I think right now might be a good time to acquire more share.

A&S&O

Could TWDC force a takeover (there's a term for that, but I can't remember it)?
If they were to offer 1.20 per share, it would be above the market value, but below the price that people have recently paid.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

pfspock

No, they cannot. The term is "Squeeze Out" and they would need a minimum of 90% of the shares. I'm pretty sure that's what they originally intended even though they denied it. But with Prince Alwaleed keeping his 10% share only one more shareholder holding one share would be enough to prevent this from happening.
And for a "Squeeze out" to happen they cannot offer a price, this has to be determined by an independent third party based on all the assets.

So, basically, you can rule this option out.

cdd89

Hello everyone,

I read a while back (can't remember where!), That the determination on the number of shares required to be part of the shareholders club, and opening up to new members, would begin early January 2016.

I just wondered if there is any new news!

Thanks!

norhel

Quote from: cdd89 on January 17, 2016, 10:09:03 PM
Hello everyone,

I read a while back (can't remember where!), That the determination on the number of shares required to be part of the shareholders club, and opening up to new members, would begin early January 2016.

I just wondered if there is any new news!

Thanks!

No, nothing new info yet.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

cdd89

Thanks, I continue to wait with bated breath!

Then again, if it is a ridiculous number of shares, I guess I'll be passing on it anyway. But the anticipation is killing me!  :)

cjebs

The advantages and services will be identical. After this period of suspension,  probably in March 2016, an analysis on the threshold of the minimum quantity of shares to be held by the new members will be led before the coming into force of new membership criteria and/or new general conditions (terms) of the Shareholders Club.

small update on corporate site over last few days!

haribosmum

ooh, not long to wait now then.  I'm expecting it to be quite a bit more than we've bought!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20