Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Quote from: cazspence on February 03, 2015, 12:28:24 AM
He had already said that he would be subscribing. Whether the full amount or not I'm not sure, but he definitely confirmed he would be buying more.

Yes, he said he was maintaining his share and subscribing for the full amount

norhel

So, I got a email from the shareholders club today (witch I assume every shareholders club member got).
When I'm reading through the papers regarding the mandatory offer, it got me thinking.
Do you think we are on the way that the TWDC are on their way to buy the whole EDL?
Could they be planning that after the mandatory offer is over, they "force buy" the shares they haven't bought trough the mandatory offer? What's your opinion on that?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

captain rocket

I understand what you are saying, but would believe that now the three Disney companies that own shares have I think it's 74% of the shares why would they need any more? I don't know if they expected to have to buy as many shares as they have so only time will tell.
I am guessing that we shareholders who are Disney fans only bought shares for the benefits that go with them and the only way I would sell is if they diluted the benefits. Let's wait and see what announcements are forthcoming.

norhel

Quote from: captain rocket on February 20, 2015, 08:03:42 PM
I understand what you are saying, but would believe that now the three Disney companies that own shares have I think it's 74% of the shares why would they need any more?

From personal experience,  I know that sometimes a company wants full control over a company,  as that makes it easier to do stuff with that company. It was that that I had in mind.
I have a feeling that something more is coming, but that is just speculation.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

cazspence

Quote from: norhel on February 20, 2015, 08:26:24 PM
Quote from: captain rocket on February 20, 2015, 08:03:42 PM
I understand what you are saying, but would believe that now the three Disney companies that own shares have I think it's 74% of the shares why would they need any more?

From personal experience,  I know that sometimes a company wants full control over a company,  as that makes it easier to do stuff with that company. It was that that I had in mind.
I have a feeling that something more is coming, but that is just speculation.

Under french law they would not be allowed to buy out and wholely own dlp. It was in the conditions when DLP was first planned. So Nope they can't do that even if they wanted to, a percentage must always be owned by french consortium. Someone else can maybe explain it in more detail.

MrsPirate

Just bought another 142 shares, so now hold 243. Hopefully enough if the shareholders qualifications change.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

disneymagique

Quote from: MrsPirate on February 26, 2015, 11:17:11 AM
Just bought another 142 shares, so now hold 243. Hopefully enough if the shareholders qualifications change.

Did you buy the original (Euro Disney S.C.A.) or the new shares?

I still own about 200 of the original shares, I do not know what to do with it.
I did not want to invest for the full 225x9 new shares, it's a lot of money if you are doing this just for fun. So I bought 25x9 of the new shares.

Will the price of the original share ever go up again?
Or just accept my loss, and just keep them for the Shareholders Club?
Watch my Disney videos at: www.youtube.com/disneymagique

RichardvG

Does anyone know when there will be free trade with the stock? It looks to me Disney is still buying stock them selves at 1,24/1,25? At which date will they stop doing that?

A&S&O

Quote from: RichardvG on March 02, 2015, 10:38:55 AM
Does anyone know when there will be free trade with the stock? It looks to me Disney is still buying stock them selves at 1,24/1,25? At which date will they stop doing that?

I didn't realise that there wasn't free trade.

There are a few large purchases of shares over the last few days, what makes you think it is Disney buying?
Would these purchases be in addition to the shares they have bought through the recent offer? In which case they are increasing their holding to above the recently stated percentage of DLP they own.

How much of DLP could Disney buy before they reached the limit imposed by the French government?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

captain rocket

I don't know about Disney, but I bought some more shares through the Halifax last week. I used the money that Disney refunded me because I did'nt take up my full option of shares, I now hold 330 shares just in case they increase the shareholding for membership criteria for the shareholders club.

RichardvG

Quote from: A&S&O on March 02, 2015, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: RichardvG on March 02, 2015, 10:38:55 AM

I didn't realise that there wasn't free trade.

There are a few large purchases of shares over the last few days, what makes you think it is Disney buying?
Would these purchases be in addition to the shares they have bought through the recent offer? In which case they are increasing their holding to above the recently stated percentage of DLP they own.

How much of DLP could Disney buy before they reached the limit imposed by the French government?

Sorry I might have been mistaken. But it seems so odd the price is constantly on 1,24 or 1,25.
Have been trying to read al the documents on the corporate site, but that's not some light reading :)

katiesam

Can anyone shed any light into how we go about selling our shares to Disney for the guaranteed €1.25?

All the documents on the shareholders site are rather difficult to understand!

mickeyspal

I have received notification from Halifax about the tender offer from Euro Disney SCA for cash price of 1.25eur per share. I have until 16/4/15 to accept the offer, I've already decided to sell some of the shares back to Disney and keep enough to stay in the shareholders club, particularly if they increase the amount required for being a part of the shareholder club when I'm due for renewal :D
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

Gcpearson

DLP/Eurodisney have said that Shareholder's Club Membership will remain as-is until they review the membership criteria and benefits after completion of the whole re-capitalisation process. So, until that time, 100 shares is enough to continue to hold.  If, after their review, they decide on a minimum of, for example, 250 or 500 shares then we could hold 100 for now and buy more later when required. Which is the more cost-effective approach depends on whether we expect the share price to go up or go down after completion of the re-capitalisation.

Most big investors have pulled out already, e.g. Investco. Disney now own most of the shares through holding companies. Like many other internationals they can charge licence fees across international borders to optimise tax and also affect dividend payments. Fundamentaly, is it in Disney's interests to see share value grow? I would hope it is. What do you think? Do you think the share price will go up or down?  Why would big investors want to buy them, particularly when they effectively have no influence on decisions that might improve shareholder value?

On the other hand, Disney only need a 51% controlling stake to have control and they now have 75%. They could sell 24% in order to raise cash for future investments. This could only happen if the shares are providing a return on investment and that means dividend payments to drive share price increases. Why would they do this?  Well, if they need cash faster than they're getting it from profits or if the European and/or international regulatory frameworks change to ensure corporation tax is paid on the sales in the country the sales are made in or to restrict international licence fee use within Companies. Either way this is a long term proposition; at least beyond 2017 when the current investment and refurbishment programme is due to be completed and by which time, hopefully, the European economy has really started to recover.

disneymagique

Today I noticed that the price has slowly risen to 1,33 euro.
It's not much, but maybe this is a start to a recovery?  :-)
Watch my Disney videos at: www.youtube.com/disneymagique