Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnewcourt

cazspence

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on September 25, 2014, 11:23:45 AM
Just felt that I wanted to share (no pun intended!) the fact that I have just processed my Shareholder's Club renewal application, and it has come back approved in only 2 days! Card in the post.

Magic things really can happen!!

That's normal, it's usually approved pretty quick, within 48 hours. It's the wait for the card that can take a quite a few weeks .

Alexz

Anyone who know how to buy shares when you live in Sweden? I have been searching for this for a long time without finding any good info about it. I have asked several banks in Sweden, but almost everyone say that you can't buy it from them. I found one bank though that could do that, but then my name can't be on the "papers" and therefor I can't be part of the Shareholder's Club, because they don't know that it's me who own the shares...
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: Alexz on October 06, 2014, 02:05:45 PM
Anyone who know how to buy shares when you live in Sweden? I have been searching for this for a long time without finding any good info about it. I have asked several banks in Sweden, but almost everyone say that you can't buy it from them. I found one bank though that could do that, but then my name can't be on the "papers" and therefor I can't be part of the Shareholder's Club, because they don't know that it's me who own the shares...

Try somewhere like Hargreaves Lansdown. They buy/sell shares.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

A&S&O

Not sure of any specifics for Sweden, but you need to find a boker that trades on the Paris stock exchange.
There are a few banks / building societies that do that here in the UK, have you tried similar in Sweden?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

norhel

Quote from: Alexz on October 06, 2014, 02:05:45 PM

Have you tried dnb.se? Or nordnet.se? Here in Norway where I live, I could by from dnb.no, and apparently you also could by from dnb.se. I'll think with all non-French banks, your name would never be on the papers. For me here in Norway, I got my brooker to confirm that I own the DLP shares, and DLP accepted that. I did use Nordnet (only phone orders) to buy DLP shares. But keep in mind that with Nordnet I had a little trouble to get them to give me a confirmation letter to send to DLP. Had no trouble to buy though.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Alexz

QuoteTry somewhere like Hargreaves Lansdown. They buy/sell shares.
QuoteThere are a few banks / building societies that do that here in the UK, have you tried similar in Sweden?
QuoteHave you tried dnb.se? Or nordnet.se?

Thank you for all the suggestions! I will take a look at dnb.se and nordnet.se to start with.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Samninetysix

Now is the time to buy, after the refinancing deal announcement yesterday, the shares fell through the floor

DLRP Roundup!

17 emails back and forth, cannot get renewal complete with Halifax.

I literally have screenshot the entire site, they just won't take it. Grrr.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

mnewcourt

I believe that they only accept a statement on paper that is then photographed or scanned. That was the case with my renewal.

cazspence

Quote from: mnewcourt on October 28, 2014, 08:40:12 AM
I believe that they only accept a statement on paper that is then photographed or scanned. That was the case with my renewal.

Nope I took a screenshot of my shares balance and also of my purchase dates listing so they could see when they were bought and that was enough. Got a reply back in 2 days saying renewal confirmed and my card 4 weeks later.

DLRP Roundup!

I'm starting to believe short of one of the stock exchanges personally vouching for me, it isn't going to happen.
The Roundup

cazspence

Quote from: Trekkie101 on October 28, 2014, 11:19:44 AM
I'm starting to believe short of one of the stock exchanges personally vouching for me, it isn't going to happen.
Have you tried phoning them to see exactly why they are not accepting what you are giving them? My renewal was so straight forward, have you tried screenshots of the pages I mentioned above. Your shares summary showing how many you hold and purchase statements showing the days date.

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: cazspence on October 28, 2014, 11:33:39 AM
Quote from: Trekkie101 on October 28, 2014, 11:19:44 AM
Have you tried phoning them to see exactly why they are not accepting what you are giving them? My renewal was so straight forward, have you tried screenshots of the pages I mentioned above. Your shares summary showing how many you hold and purchase statements showing the days date.

All of the above. I've done this before and not had an issue. However your right, I'll call them when I get home :)
The Roundup

A&S&O

Does anyone know how the issue of the discounted shares to current shareholders will work?

Our shares are "held" in a Halifax sharedealing account and our sons by Hargreaves Lansdowne - both in the UK.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?