TGV question Help please

Started by EmmaH, October 16, 2014, 11:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaH

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the TGV leg to Disneyland and wondered if anyone could help.

We are travelling in Jan indirectly changing at Lille. We have done the journey once before but didn't know really what we were doing because it was our first time so it wasn't a great experience. Can someone please remind me how long the train sits at Chessey before departing. We have three children so will have a ton of bags plus buggy to get off the train and I want to ensure that we don't leave the kids on board....

Also, is there a particular platform the Disney train comes into at Lille so we can get ready and be on the right platform.

Thanks in advance.

Emma xx
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

captain rocket

Sorry I can't help with how long the train will wait, but I would assume you are not the first family to change at Lille! I would make sure one of you stands by the door to prevent it closing, the train can't leave until everything is closed up. My tip to help you boarding the onward train is something that I only realised on about my fourth or fifth Eurostar/TGV trip. You will have allocated seats on the TGV which show which carriage you will be sitting in, when you reach the platform you will find an illuminated sign that will tell you where on the platform your carriage will stop so you can be in the right place for boarding! Much less stress than running down the platform searching!Havea great trip.

nathalie

Quote from: captain rocket on October 17, 2014, 09:59:56 AM
I would make sure one of you stands by the door to prevent it closing, the train can't leave until everything is closed up.

Be carefull when actually doing this, if the guy already blew his whistle, and someone of your party is still blocking the door, you can get fined!

I did this last year, because the guy actually saw us still running up to the correct carriage, and he blew his whistle, so we started to run like crazy, my friend lost her phone (fell out of her pocket while running, and I stood inbetween the door, yelling at her to come (or not, her choice at that moment), and I obviously got lectured by the guy.
I knew I was in the wrong, but it was a spur in the moment thing / panacking kind of thing.  He let me off the hook, because I already told him 20 minutes earlier my friend was going to get there very close to leaving time (as her train to Brussels was late, so it wasn't her fault).