Few questions

Started by BenRM, September 19, 2014, 11:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenRM

Hi Guys,

We're planning our first ever trip to DLRP (well I went as a child, but barely remember it). Theres me, my husband and our 2 kids Boy aged 12 and Princess aged 10.

We're about to book using the 30 days offer - sadly as Boy is now 12 he's classed as an adult, so it wont work for us to wait for the under 12s package.

We're looking at a Sunday - Thursday visit.

As we live in Yorkshire we will drive down south Saturday make a day of it, stay overnight and then ferry / chunnel over to France early in the morning to make the Sunday a full day. We had looked at flying but it was very expensive especially when adding transfers and the Eurostar looked great but wasnt practical or decent value (adding £1500 to our trip!).

Were getting the Cheyenne half board (standard) for roughly £800. Pretty reasonable for 4 nights I thought.

We could have paid an extra £100ish for the Sequoia Lodge but the kids werent impressed at sharing a double bed.

Anyway Ive come out with a few questions:

- the meal plans say we can use other hotel resturant ie go to eat in Santa Fe for a change, or pay the extra and eat in Newport Bay?

- can you use other hotel facilities, mainly a pool - I dont think we will get chance but if the kids wanted a swim can we pop into a different hotel and use one?

- we're planning a day in Paris, so can we use 2 meal vouchers on one meal? Say we went to Auberge de Cendrillon could we use 2x half board vouchers each (at face value) and pay the rest - or will they only accept one?

DisneyRon

Check over here: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

Any restaurant checked under the "Standard" plan you can eat at without any additional charge.
A fair number of counter-service restaurants are also covered by the Standard plan.

Any of the others will allow you to use your voucher at face-value and paying the difference.

No idea if you can exchange more than one voucher per person in a single transaction, but I don't think you can. Best way to find out is probably mailing DLP Customer Relations.

Access to hotel facilities is with the EasyPass for the relevant hotel, so I'm assuming you can't but again I would ask Customer Relations. ;)

BenRM

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Youve pretty much said what I expected - thanks for the link to the meal plans guide, I had seen it but some of it seems a little out of date.

Im still debating Sequoia Lodge but dont think I can justify the extra money just on the chance the kids *might* want a swim. And the bed situation. Where as if theres not one available they wont know! - Its not like theres enough distractions to be had anyway ;)

Mrsya

Hi. We've used two vouchers in one day before. Not in one sitting, but as they are not individually dated we used one each at lunch and then one each at tea time. We didn't use them one day as we went to cafe Mickey as a treat.

BenRM

Thank for the reply - yeah I expected as such.

In typical Yorkshire fashion I dont want to miss a free meal Ive paid for if we got out for the day. Im hoping perhaps we can get back to cheyenne or disney village in time to use them - I cant imagine we will be very late.

Belloboy7

Have you tried booking eurostar direct through there own website as you may get a better deal...

DisneyRon

Quote from: BenRM on September 20, 2014, 12:29:54 AM
Thank for the reply - yeah I expected as such.

In typical Yorkshire fashion I dont want to miss a free meal Ive paid for if we got out for the day. Im hoping perhaps we can get back to cheyenne or disney village in time to use them - I cant imagine we will be very late.

well, like Mrsya said, you could always use the "spare" vouchers for lunch on one of the days that you're in the parks the whole time. :) They're not dated, so using more than one per day shouldn't be an issue, Plaza Gardens is a pretty nice place for lunch for instance.

captain rocket

With regard to the pools in other hotels, the answer is an emphatic no I'm afraid! You have to show your hotel room pass to get in. I guess this is one of the ways they justify the higher cost in some hotels.

Joey123

The drive down to disney takes about 3 1/2 hours so if you leave around the 6 o'clock tunnel you will be in disney by lunch time I have done this many times  :)

amanda08

Just to add that although you can use your vouchers at cash value in most restaurants, you can not use more then 1 per person. Have you considered upgrading your dining plan? It would depend on where else you are planning on eating of course as to whether that would make sense, but we have done this on trips where we have stayed in Cheyenne, but wanted to eat in Inventions and do BBWWS

BenRM

Quote from: Belloboy7 on September 20, 2014, 07:41:37 AM
Have you tried booking eurostar direct through there own website as you may get a better deal...

Ive tried again this morning, but the website keeps failing (I thhink the issue is Im trying to book too far advance) - but I can get a price for the outbound which is roughly £380, so I imagine it would be the same return. Then we need to add tickets from here to London, which cant get us there in time for the morning so adds a hotel night in London and roughly £70 each for trains down there.
£380x2 = 760 + £70x4 = 280 + hotel £80ish = £1120 :( Thats before Disney!

QuoteWith regard to the pools in other hotels, the answer is an emphatic no I'm afraid! You have to show your hotel room pass to get in. I guess this is one of the ways they justify the higher cost in some hotels.
I thought as much. Cheers.

Quote from: Joey123 on September 20, 2014, 10:05:08 AM
The drive down to disney takes about 3 1/2 hours so if you leave around the 6 o'clock tunnel you will be in disney by lunch time I have done this many times  :)
6! Thats early! Will need an early bed time for that, I was hoping more 8. But I suppose the earlier up the earlier to the magic

Quote from: amanda08 on September 20, 2014, 10:25:12 AM
Just to add that although you can use your vouchers at cash value in most restaurants, you can not use more then 1 per person. Have you considered upgrading your dining plan? It would depend on where else you are planning on eating of course as to whether that would make sense, but we have done this on trips where we have stayed in Cheyenne, but wanted to eat in Inventions and do BBWWS
Thanks for that. Im happy with the more basic half board voucher as most of them seem to be buffet places which is ideal for the kids. And if we want to go to somewhere else I dont mind paying the extra to 'top up' as it were.
I would love to go to some of the nicer places, but doubt the kids will want to sit down when theres Disney on offer.

We've taken them on cruises before and dragging them out of the kids clubs for dinner is hard enough!