Sleeping Beauty Suite

Started by DisneyMichelle, September 04, 2014, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyMichelle

Hello

Not sure if I am posting this is the correct section, so appoligies if I have.

Was just interested to know if anyone on here has stayed in the sleeping beauty suite in the DLH.

It would be a dream to stay there, just wondered what it was like? If there are any special gifts in the room? Any special treatments? Views from the room? etc etc.

Would be interested to know. :) xx
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

gothprincess

Only in my dreams but I did see a youtube video maybe that can help you.

DisneyRon

well, I had a Tinkerbell suite priced up for my upcoming visit (I'm staying in the DLH, but a normal room, not a suite), and let's just say that the price shocked me quite a bit. :o

4 nights and 5 days would have come to €8631 (£6843), not counting travel to the park or food while there.
The Sleeping Beauty Suite would be even more expensive than that.

There are photos from inside the suite on the net, the view is quite spectacular, and the suite itself even more so. :D

DisneyMichelle

Thanks guys

Iv seen the youtube video. it looks amazing!

I think the only way I could ever afford to stay in the suite would be if I won the Lottery.

Fingers Crossed!!! 
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 07:37:43 AM
well, I had a Tinkerbell suite priced up for my upcoming visit (I'm staying in the DLH, but a normal room, not a suite), and let's just say that the price shocked me quite a bit. :o

4 nights and 5 days would have come to €8631 (£6843), not counting travel to the park or food while there.

There are photos from inside the suite on the net, the view is quite spectacular, and the suite itself even more so. :D

£6843 ?!  :o :o

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 05, 2014, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 07:37:43 AM

£6843 ?!  :o :o

Yes really, DLH Suites are expensive. :D I believe the Sleeping Beauty Suite is in excess of €2500 per day per person. But you do get a 20 seat dining room. ;) Another thing to note, Disney's Single Occupant charge is quite substantial. :-\

I mostly did it for fun, although I would have taken a "reasonable" offer, though I wasn't expecting one.
So I had my travel-agent price up a set of offers (normally I'd book directly, but given that I wanted some additional info I didn't).

4 nights, staying from the 14th of September until the 18th of September, single occupant (I'm going alone).
Tinker Bell Suite: €8631 (£6854 according to XE.com @ 19:34 on September 5th 2014)
Junior Suites: €6855 (£5444)
Standard Room: €1361 (£1081) Note, this last one was with 2 days free offer.

Unfortunately I forgot to add Castle Club to that list, as I probably would have taken that offer, assuming the difference wasn't huge compared to Standard. :)

As you might imagine, I took the standard room offer, the other two, while cool, were a little on the shockingly expensive side. :D

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 07:36:52 PM
Yes really, DLH Suites are expensive. :D I believe the Sleeping Beauty Suite is in excess of €2500 per day per person. But you do get a 20 seat dining room. ;) Another thing to note, Disney's Single Occupant charge is quite substantial. :-\

I mostly did it for fun, although I would have taken a "reasonable" offer, though I wasn't expecting one.
So I had my travel-agent price up a set of offers (normally I'd book directly, but given that I wanted some additional info I didn't).

4 nights, staying from the 14th of September until the 18th of September, single occupant (I'm going alone).
Tinker Bell Suite: €8631 (£6854 according to XE.com @ 19:34 on September 5th 2014)

Unfortunately I forgot to add Castle Club to that list, as I probably would have taken that offer, assuming the difference wasn't huge compared to Standard. :)

As you might imagine, I took the standard room offer, the other two, while cool, were a little on the shockingly expensive side. :D

Oh my god as if  :o

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 05, 2014, 08:06:55 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 07:36:52 PM

Oh my god as if  :o

Well, I could have afforded both of them without too much difficulty, but there's no way it's worth it when travelling alone, especially since you won't be in your suite much at all. ;) When you're a couple, and you intend to have a very special few days away from everything, I can certainly see the appeal.

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 08:13:50 PM
Well, I could have afforded both of them without too much difficulty, but there's no way it's worth it when travelling alone, especially since you won't be in your suite much at all. ;) When you're a couple, and you intend to have a very special few days away from everything, I can certainly see the appeal.

Yea, I understand. I still wouldn't pay as it would be a total waste of money seen as you'll be spending at least 6 hours+ in the parks.

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 05, 2014, 08:16:36 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 08:13:50 PM

Yea, I understand. I still wouldn't pay as it would be a total waste of money seen as you'll be spending at least 6 hours+ in the parks.

That was my main reason as well, after I had recovered from an acute case of Sticker Shock. ;D

A colleague of mine actually got upgraded to a Junior Suite for free (from Standard), because DLH accidentally overbooked their rooms, and one wasn't occupied.
Her daughter of 7 was overjoyed at the upgrade, got to feel like a true princess for 3 days.

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 08:17:48 PM
That was my main reason as well, after I had recovered from an acute case of Sticker Shock. ;D

A colleague of mine actually got upgraded to a Junior Suite for free (from Standard), because DLH accidentally overbooked their rooms, and one wasn't occupied.
Her daughter of 7 was overjoyed at the upgrade, got to feel like a true princess for 3 days.

Aw that is so good!

On our recent family holiday to DLP (3/4 years ago), we booked into the Disneyland Hotel and when we were checking in- they offered us an upgrade to the Castle Club for €300  :o but we decided to not take the offer as it would be pointless when we were just as happy in our normal room.

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 05, 2014, 08:24:47 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 08:17:48 PM

Aw that is so good!

On our recent family holiday to DLP (3/4 years ago), we booked into the Disneyland Hotel and when we were checking in- they offered us an upgrade to the Castle Club for €300  :o but we decided to not take the offer as it would be pointless when we were just as happy in our normal room.

Hmm, I might actually take a €300 upgrade to Castle Club... (I doubt it would be that cheap, single occupant charges and a longer stay probably means its a fair bit more than that).
The VIP fast passes alone are worth their weight in gold (infinite passes per day, yes please), and the breakfast in the lounge, rather than Inventions would be much quieter (though I imagine Inventions shouldn't be too bad). :D Free drinks and snacks in the lounge would be cool as well, same goes for the express entrance. :D

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 05, 2014, 08:36:49 PM
Hmm, I might actually take a €300 upgrade to Castle Club... (I doubt it would be that cheap, single occupant charges and a longer stay probably means its a fair bit more than that).
The VIP fast passes alone are worth their weight in gold (infinite passes per day, yes please), and the breakfast in the lounge, rather than Inventions would be much quieter (though I imagine Inventions shouldn't be too bad). :D Free drinks and snacks in the lounge would be cool as well, same goes for the express entrance. :D

Having an infinite Fastpass every day for every Disney resort forever would be the cherry on top of a perfect cake *clap clap*

daddyof2

Livvipivvi

Hiya everyone,

We are staying in the DLH for 4 nights on 19th December in a standard room with terrace and was loving the idea of staying in the castle club or one of the suites, mainly for the VIP FP. So I just phoned to check availability for our dates and unfortunately as I guessed, the CC rooms are all booked :(.

I got some prices for the suites that are still available though. Because we are a family of 4 and suites only sleep 3, we would also need to book an interconnecting room. A junior suite (which I was told are in the wings) would cost £9521.50   :o, and the tinkerbell suite with interconnecting room would cost £10499!!! Those prices don't even include the free HB meal plan which is currently offered to people booking "normal" rooms! Eeeek! We could go to Florida for 2 weeks for that price. I would love to know how much the Castle Club rooms are though, it's a shame they are fully booked. What's the chances of them offering us an upgrade for £300, I can dream lol.

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!