Photo pass plus

Started by leese100, September 02, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLRP Roundup!

It must be a tiny blip. It's not really something you can sell out of... its just a card. I think this weekend hit them a little harder than expected and by next week it'll all be normal again.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

nathalie

Yeah.
And I don't think anyone expected photographers by the characters on Main Street during the Soirée either, and there were, so for most people that was a huge add-on on their picture-counter.

moonloo

Ooooh I just stumbled accross this post in time for my trip in March. I remember when it was first discussed thinking it sounded a little technical for me but for £33 it might be worth a go. The only thing Im worried about is being able to use an app abroad, I have never taken my propper phone with me before, just a cheap pay as you go because I have been scarred silly by all of the stories you read about people taking their phones out of the country and being charged 100s and 100s of pounds!!
I hoep I can get to grips withthe whole thing because it sounds like a good idea to me, we always buy loads of photos of meet and greets and rides...

HildeKitten

I have another question.
Can you add photopass to your booking in advance? And if yes, do you get it with your park tickets etc when you check into the hotel? Or do you have to pick it up in the park at New Century Notions like you would if you bought it on the day itself?

cazspence

You can add it on if you have booked direct with disney for £33. Then when you check in you get a voucher to go and collect it. You can get it from any photo shop or hotel shop.

Antwire

We used this in October last year and I was really disappointed, there were no photographers on Main Street at all and hardly any of the character meets had the photographers with them. May be because I'm used to Orlando where you can't sneeze without hitting a photographer but I was really disappointed.

HildeKitten

I think that in that case I will just see how many photographers are out first, because I'd hate to spend quite a bit of money only to get 2 or 3 photos in total.
Thanks for letting me know! :)

sarahmumof4

Went to add it onto our booking today but disney said it can only added once there :)
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: HildeKitten on February 18, 2015, 01:03:53 PM
I think that in that case I will just see how many photographers are out first, because I'd hate to spend quite a bit of money only to get 2 or 3 photos in total.
Thanks for letting me know! :)

That really doesn't work since on one day you can have 10 photographers and the next day you can have 2.
But you don't have to worry at all.
I've purchased the PP+ twice now.

The first time I ended up with 229 photos in 5 days!
The second time I ended up with 118 photos in 3 days!
And during my second purchase I only did 2 rides on my entire trip.
So 116 photos were from character meet 'n greets.

Even if you would only meet 1 character you would still end up with at least 5/6 photos.
Which already makes it the PP+ cheaper than buying the photos.
With the PP+ the photographer takes a lot of photos.
Of the interaction between you and the character, hugs, giggles, autograph signing, a pose...whatever you want.
And you can do one with just you, one with the other people in your party, the other people in your party single..whatever combination you want.

If it would really be worst case scenario (and this will not happen, but let's for argument sake say it does) you will meet 1 character that has a photographer, and you do no rides that offer on-ride photos...you will still have a better deal buying the PP+ than just one single photo. Trust me, it's definitely worth it.

After 2 purchases, and 8 days in total of using it, I now have 350 photos. It's worth it!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

HildeKitten

In theory that's true, but I'm not the kind of person that wants to buy literally every photo that a park photographer has taken. I like to go see the photos, but unless it's one I really like, I don't spend money on it.
I'm also not that much of a character hunter, so yeah.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: HildeKitten on February 18, 2015, 06:52:25 PM
In theory that's true, but I'm not the kind of person that wants to buy literally every photo that a park photographer has taken. I like to go see the photos, but unless it's one I really like, I don't spend money on it.
I'm also not that much of a character hunter, so yeah.

Do you like rides?
Because the PP+ is only for character meets and rides that have on-ride photos.
You can't use the PP+ anywhere else.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

HildeKitten

I do, obviously :) (else I wouldn't go ^^)
The thing is, I think it's cool you can have your on-ride photo added, for me that would be a nice bonus, but I'm not particularly fussed about them. It's not something my husband and I spend money on so yeah.

I do get your point, but seeing how few photos I generally buy (if any at all, last time I bought one was in 2011 I think) I'm not sure it's worth it for me personally at full price.
Of course I may still change my mind, so I'll just wait 'till the day itself and the program is out (it'll also depend on how many characters on there I want to meet) ^^

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: HildeKitten on February 18, 2015, 07:01:51 PM
I do, obviously :) (else I wouldn't go ^^)
The thing is, I think it's cool you can have your on-ride photo added, for me that would be a nice bonus, but I'm not particularly fussed about them. It's not something my husband and I spend money on so yeah.

I do get your point, but seeing how few photos I generally buy (if any at all, last time I bought one was in 2011 I think) I'm not sure it's worth it for me personally at full price.
Of course I may still change my mind, so I'll just wait 'till the day itself and the program is out (it'll also depend on how many characters on there I want to meet) ^^

Each to their own, but I disagree.
I've been going to DLP since the opening, I've been 60 times now.
And after nearly 23 years and 60 visits I've never bought a ride photo or a character photo. Not once.
But still I ended up with so many photos during both visits. It's worth it, even if you normally don't purchase photos.
I didn't even use it with "regular meets", only with the special characters that were out for Halloween and Christmas.
Merida, Rapunzel, Marie, Jack Skellington, Anna/Elsa...you get the point.

HildeKitten

Well like you said, to each their own :)
The thing is, I think Photopass is a great thing in itself, I just think that € 50ish is a bit steep for me personally if I don't have the idea I'll be able to use it for, in my mind, quite a significant amount of shots that I'd like to actually own.
Everyone does things their own way, and that's totally fine, agree to disagree and all that jazz ^^
But I figure that if seeing I don't spend money on something usually, I'm not going to miss out by not spending money on a different formula of the same thing now either.
But like I said, if I see the program listing a whole bunch of characters I'd like to get a picture with I may still change my mind :)
Especially considering how easy it is to buy one in the park :)

nathalie

You clearly seem against it, but yet asking if you can add it to your booking, that's a bit odd, haha, don't mean to sound mean about it   ;)
(or I'm getting it wrong, that's an option too, lol)

If you wanna buy 1 picture it's already 15 €.

Other thing you can do is, take your picture whereever you want, you'll get a photo card anyways, and if there are many, you can have those cards transferred onto the pp+ on a later time at the park.