5 days in disney

Started by Alouisex, August 25, 2014, 07:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alouisex

Hiya , me my partner and our two children (5 & 3) will be coming to disney 1st to 5th September 14 :)

Some people have told me it's better to come along with an itinerary , but I was just going to go with the flow lol, now thinking will I get everything done with that attitude, so I'm asking for your help please, what's best to do what days and how can I make the most out of this trip for my children, it's our first trip to disney and we have buffalo bills Wild West show booked for Tuesday evening, I have reserved a table on the weds at walts at 5pm to eat and watch the parade in main street have been told to ask for a window seat so we can eat whilst watching the parade, I also have lunch reserved with the princesses on the Thursday at 3:30 , can't remember the name of the restaurant tho lol disney have our reservation anyway, anything else I can cram in :) we are also staying in the main disney hotel so looking forward to seeing the characters there too :)
Thank you in advance looking forward to hearing what you have planned :)
Amy x

norhel

Quote from: Alouisex on August 25, 2014, 07:05:14 PM
Hiya , me my partner and our two children (5 & 3) will be coming to disney 1st to 5th September 14 :)

Some people have told me it's better to come along with an itinerary , but I was just going to go with the flow lol, now thinking will I get everything done with that attitude, so I'm asking for your help please, what's best to do what days and how can I make the most out of this trip for my children, it's our first trip to disney and we have buffalo bills Wild West show booked for Tuesday evening, I have reserved a table on the weds at walts at 5pm to eat and watch the parade in main street have been told to ask for a window seat so we can eat whilst watching the parade, I also have lunch reserved with the princesses on the Thursday at 3:30 , can't remember the name of the restaurant tho lol disney have our reservation anyway, anything else I can cram in :) we are also staying in the main disney hotel so looking forward to seeing the characters there too :)

Thank you in advance looking forward to hearing what you have planned :)
Amy x

Welcome to the forum :-)

I would say that at least make a list of what you want to do, so you know what's at DLP.
And it is nice to just go with the flow :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Aurora1

I`d say pick up a schedule when you enter the park (main park under the railway, studios inside studio1 to your left and right) Or print it out at home from dlrp.com.
Take a look around first, enjoy the athmosphere!
In 5 days you can get a lot done! In september crowds should not be that bad!
Don`t miss Dreams!
Use extra magic hours in the morning!
Do some shopping! ;)

And most of all, have a wonderful trip!!

gemma2806

I would definitely make a plan as some parts of Germany, Italy and Spain are still on holiday till the middle of September.

Have a good look at the park maps on dlpguide.com which is a fantastic website with all the restaurants menus, pictures and details of the rides restrictions etc.

A good solid plan never hurts especially if it's your first time there with kids so you can make the most of every moment.

Have a wonderful holiday  :D

MinnieMum

I would recommend to check the ride closures to make sure you don't miss any thatay be closed certain days of your trips.

Check height restrictions of rides before hand and make a list of rides you want to go on.

Get a schedule when you get there. Make a loose plan every evening for the next day so you don't waste time.

Use EMH to avoid ride queues, especially with little ones you can do most of fantasyland by mid morning x

PrincessA

A tip I've heard is to always start your day in Fantasyland or Adventureland because the majority of people cover the park clockwise or anticlockwise. I've never tried it however because I can't resist starting in Frontierland!