Pre-bookable restaurants suggestions!?

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, September 10, 2014, 04:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hey guys!
Any suggestions much appreciated allthough a regular visitor we tend to keep to the same places. E.g inventions, planet Hollywood our favs.

I'm wondering if the parkside diner is any good at HNY? We're staying there. But it has bad reviews?

Wanting to really book somewhere for our arrival day as its a Sunday and I know it'll be busy.
Don't mind if it's hotel/either park or village aslong as i can pre-book and its good food!  :)

gemma2806

Personal one from my experience. La Grange at Billy Bob's Country Saloon. It's upstairs on the top floor, you'll find the stairs on the left as you go in. It's a tex-mex buffet but they have loads of different options not just tex-mex food. It's usually very quiet even on a Sunday if you go as soon as it opens at 6pm. You can pre-book it and it's also covered by the half board and full board vouchers. I've never had a disappointing meal there with my family. On the first day we tend to just spend time in Disney Village and at the hotel until our room is ready so it's a handy one as well.

I've never tried the Parkside Diner but I also go to the Hunters Grill in the Sequoia Lodge which is just round from your hotel and the food is really nice in here as well.  :D

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou for the info  :)
Never tried billy bobs for food! Thought it was just a bar! Have had a drink or 2 in there before  :D

Now what I need to know is, is there a lift? Have a wheelchair user with us (my son) and is it buffet or table service?
And also how much we do not have the vouchers sorry for all the questions! Like to be prepared and aslong as there's a lift think we will give it a go!

DisneyRon

According to DLPGuide :

All you can eat buffet on the 3rd floor of Billy Bob's Country Western Saloon including salad bar, cold meats, spare ribs, chicken wings, fajitas, chili con carne, meat carving, fish, sautéed mixed vegetables, rice, pasta, cheese platter, choice of desserts.

Adult Buffet ... €26.99
Drink not included
Children's Buffet ... €12.99
For children from 3 to 11 years old
Soft drink (25 cl) or Mineral water (50 cl) included

Downside, the price info is from last year, so it'll probably be a little bit more than that.
Unfortunately I don't have any information on wheelchair access.

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou for all the info you just provided just wondering if my son will eat this type of food as he is a fussy eater! But if he doesn't mc ds isnt far to grab him on way back lol

polar vixen

I think I remember from your pre-trip report that you were in the studios on your first day?  Restaurant des stars had a really good buffet, especially for fussy eaters, plain carvery meat, fresh  fruit, bread rolls.  My boys are incredibly fussy and intolerant to soooo much but they always eat well here, and at plaza gardens.

littlebitofpixiedust

Never ate their either yes generally we do studios on the Sunday allthough small worlds only open that day so will have to pop there to have a go.
Wonder what time the studios close I'll have to have a look as I read somewhere that that restaurant closes a while before the park does.
Definatley gave me food for thought! Lol... Do they have kids bits e.g nuggets chips ect???

polar vixen

Can't remember nuggets but chips. Bread rolls fish goujons pizza and deserts arty both are very well stocked studios has mini waffles and loads of others, plaza gardens mini cornettos and loads of others plus arty plaza gardens you can get free refills on your drinks if soft drinks. Maybe you could start art studios n finish at parks?

gemma2806

My son is quite a fussy eater but didn't have any problems finding things to eat especially from the dessert buffet! There are lots of good choices for kids such as nuggets, sausages, pasta bolognaise etc.

Down side to La Grange I don't remember ever seeing a lift. I know there are lots of stairs and I remember having to use them to get my sons buggy at the time up there. So this may not be wheelchair accessible, sorry  :(

LotsoHugginBear

In my opinion the Parkside Diner is one of the poorest buffets at the whole resort. Better try La Grange or Restaurant des Stars. Or maybe visit the Newport Bay Club the Cape Cod is a buffet as well and it has reopened since a week or so.

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou polar vixen/Gemma/lotsohuggin bear!!!

Ok so parkside diner definatley out thanks for heads up. Definatley interested in des stars or whatever it's called in studios mind you! Have done plaza gardens and It was total madness that day is it as busy as that?

And la grange? Wheres this? Or have I just lost the plot completely! Lol...

Cape cod at Newport maybe a nice idea as its not far from our hotel and would like to have a nose!

I'm so exited I just can't hide it! Need to make these reservations ASAP I'm so undecided so many options....  ???

LotsoHugginBear

La Grange is the buffet above Billy Bob's.

littlebitofpixiedust

Durr lol for some reason I didn't remember that haha thanks not sure if lifts in their I def didn't see one when we've had drinks before, so think that's out of the question.