Nut allergy

Started by Dlpguest2014, July 13, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlpguest2014

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any advice on visiting dlp with a child with a nut allergy? Where to eat, etc.  I don't think my son will like the natama meals but if this is the only safe option then needs must but if possible I'm looking for alternatives.  :)
Thanks everyone

LotsoHugginBear

I guess it depends how worse his problems are.
If they are not too bad, than you have the possibility to choose from fries, fruit salad, yogurth, sausages etc. - visitit buffets or counter service.

RockNRoller

Hi, I understand your concern, my wife has a severe nut allergy too and carries her Epipen with her all round Disney. Over the course of 13 visits we have only had one incident to speak of. We've found the staff in all the restaurants to be very helpful and will openly write on their order pad nut allergy. That said we avoid "fancy" restaurants in the UK so she tends to stick to the same foods at all times. We've found Annettes, Planet Hollywood, Caseys, Earl of Sandwich, Videopolis to all be very attentive with this sort of thing. As for breakfast that depends on the hotel you're staying, we tend to avoid the buffet style element as you can never tell how careful the person before you was.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Dlpguest2014

Thank you for replying!

My son also has a severe nut allergy and eating out is a challenge to say the least. This is why I'm worried about dlp. 

I agree with you re buffets I was planning on table service only.

Do you mind if I ask what kind of things your wife has eaten in the restaurants? Is there anything you have been unable to order?

Thank you

RockNRoller

I'll be honest as were on holiday, and its only 4 days, we don't tend to worry too much about eating healthy at dinner time. My wife exists on fried stuff, she loves the hotdogs at Annettes and the chicken dishes at Planet Hollywood. She never has anything that has pesto as many of them are made with nuts and we never have desert as many come sprinkled with nuts or use a cream that is made, we were told, using an almond liquor. We also keep an eye on continental chocolate as a lot of it contains hazel nuts.
The staff have always been very understanding, we actually have more trouble explaining why we want vinegar on our chips :D, sorry French fries  ;D
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Dlpguest2014

Thank you.

As long as it's safe food my son can eat whatever he wants on holiday  :)